chapter six

Laura began making her way to the kitchen relieved that her Mistress has forgiven her so easy, she expected some sort of harsh punishment but none came. She seemed to understand. Laura's foot left the last step but didn't reach the ground as Steve the cruel master from earlier blocked her path, moving forward to close the space in front of her giving her a daring look to say or do something.

"You were lucky earlier, but you'll not always have her around to protect you. Sooner or later she will fall, learn your place and learn it fast slave because that's all you are and will ever be." Steve spat in Laura's face with a sly smirk looking at her in disgust as if she was some sort of deadly disease. Laura immediately became suspicious of him. 'What did he mean by "you'll not always have her around to protect you sooner or later she will fall?" I don't trust this guy.' What's he planning?' Manvis asked, she had a good point.  everything about this guy was off.

"Yes sir and I am sorry about earlier." Laura apologized meekly disgusted with herself as she lowers her head but does not bow, she would only bow for her Mistress or when she is told or in the presence of her family.

"You better be." Steve replied with a sly grin on his face. As he pushed past her Laura she got a hint of his scent and realized he wasn't a full vampire, he smelt something close to the forest grass and death. "What is he?" Laura thought curious to find out what Steve was, but that would have to wait. She recognized both scents but couldn't form a proper thought.

She finally arrived at the kitchen, it was big but full of kitchen equipment and had a little wooden table in a corner beside a wall with a clock hanging on the wall above it. The walls were painted baby blue with black tiles on the floor.

Laura seen a woman she hadn't see earlier on her trip around the castle, she was a small skinny old lady with light short blonde hair, a pale complexion with bright green eyes. "Ello sweetie." The old lady says smiling as she dried her hands on her yellow apron. "What brings you here? I haven't seen you around before." She asks Laura flipping her hand towards herself gesturing for Laura to come closer. 'What's with all the English?'  Manvis joked.

"Hi, I'm here for Miss Emma's dinner and my own which would be as much steaks as you can spare." Laura replied shyly to the nice woman feeling oddly comfortable around her, she reminded Laura of her grand mother for some reason. Why is it elderly people seem more comfortable to be around?

"Of course dearie, what would she like to eat today? Her usual?" The lady laughed and walked over to a huge silver and black fridge. "Yeah she also wants her specific bottle of AB blood and could I have a water, thank you." Laura smiled at the woman as she began to cook the steaks.

Laura stood by a blue wall until the food was ready, Laura was loving the smell of the steaks and was mesmerized by the way they sizzled. The woman had already prepared the steaks before hand so they wouldn't take as long. She guessed they would have the same as always.

"What's your name pet? You can call me Aunt Sam." The woman gleamed and walked over to Laura, "I'm Alex, it's nice to meet you Aunt Sam, not to be rude but is the food nearly done I'm sure my Mistress would want me back. We're both really hungry." Laura asked as politely as she could, she doesn't know anything about her apart from she is a good cook and her name was Sam. 'What is it with people in this place? Why are we wanting to be so open?' Manvis asks rhetorically.

"That's a lovely name and yes of course, sorry for keeping you hunny, whenever you want to talk or are bored you can pop down to see me if you want." Sam said to Laura trying to make her comfortable in her new temporary home. Sam handed her two full plates of food one plate had an extra two steaks than the other and a sealed bottle of blood and another bottle with water. Laura smiled and replied, "I will do Sam, I'll see you soon, nice meeting you." Then walked out of the hot kitchen with her hands full.