chapter two

"Let my daughter go, you can have me, and I will go with you without any trouble." Janine told the green-eyed man. The green-eyed man snickered and the men holding Laura started smirking tightening their grip around her.

"Now come on Janine, why would I do that when I could just easily do this." The green-eyed man said and before Laura had time to react, she felt a massive thud against the back of her skull then limply hit the ground, quickly fading into darkness. "Laura! DORIAN you bastard!" Laura heard the fading voice of her mother and the green-eyed man she now knew as Dorian laughing before slipping off to sleep.

9 hours later ...

"Laura, c'mon wake up, wake up." Laura recognised the voice to be her mothers and felt a slight nudge on her side. Laura had tried opening her eyes but immediately shut them because there was so much light. "I'm fine. Where are we?" Laura asked her mother in a worried tone unsure of where they were or who was with them. "Don't worry Laura I know this is a bad situation but we're at a slave training centre. They train people to be good slaves and then if someone wants to buy you then you are their "property", now I don't wan-" Janine was cut off.

"What?! I'm not being sold to a snob to work for them and be treated like dirt that's not who I am or what I've been training to be! Mum come on we gotta get outta here I'm not leaving you again!" Laura yelled feeling angry, upset, confused, what would the slave world want with someone like her. 'What's going on?!'  Laura was always 'a lone wolf' she enjoyed her own company, when she was with others it was too much, too much expectation to be like others her age but at the same time be better than those same people. No she preferred solitude so she could focus on herself and her own tasks and duties already set on her by her family. 

"I've already tried breaking the chains and locks its useless, now listen your smart so pay attention this is important. No matter what you do here you will always be treated like shit. These places are designed to break your spirits, train you as a slave for nobles etc then sell you to such people. It is up to you to not let them reduce you to such a broken soul. I know this will be hard to hear but I do have a plan and I want you to listen to me before blowing up Understand?" Laura nods afraid of her mother's plan. "While you were asleep, I was brought before the buyers and auctioned off, I have been sold to some noble Lord. I begged him to buy us both but Dorian refused to let us be sold together. I will break out of this noble's property and find you, I promise. Now.. I don't want you getting hurt. Do what you must to stay alive. They will do everything they need to break you, just keep strong I will come for you when I can. Another thing do not change until I come for you keep it secret, it's our biggest advantage but deepest weakness don't show it whatever you do. I love you, Laura." Janine whispered to her daughter through the bars separating them, tears started to form behind Laura's eyes.  She was so confused. What she wanted more than anything was to be in her mother's strong warm embrace back home with the rest of her family and those few people she grew fond of in her inner circle. 

Laura began to protest, "Mum I can't do this, this is against everything I've been taught I-"Janine cut her off by putting her finger up to her daughters' lips as to stop talking because the door opens not that far away, she didn't want Dorian hearing them talk. She quickly whispered to her daughter, "Laura if you want to live you'll do what I ask of you, I don't want to but it has to be done, I'm sorry love I cannot go with you but I will find you don't worr-". Before Janine could finish what she was telling her daughter, Dorian opened Janine's cell and dragged her out by the back of her hair. She tried standing upright but that only caused her shooting pains up her spine.

"NO! No leave her alone!" Laura protested trying to grasp onto her mother. She seen her mother fighting back tears of panic and pain but remained tear-less showing Dorian she wasn't afraid of fear. She caught one last glimpse of Laura and tried to crack a small smile, "I love you." Was the only thing Laura's mother Janine could tell her before the door slammed shut.