Chapter 1

Blake

"Sir, anything else?" I took a sip of the brandy and peered over my glass at my assistant.

"You're fired" I stated and took another sip, the ice made a soft crackling noise against the glass she gasped.

"What? Why? You can't fire me," she flipped her hair back in a huff. I put down the glass and let my fingers drift over the rim before standing up and walking to her, stopping so that I was just an inch away from her face.

"You stole from me, you took documents that weren't yours to take or for that fact yours to give to our opponents-pack up your things and get the hell out!"

She didn't say anything else and retreated to her desk. I still had a headache from the night I had last night, all I can remember is a pair of green eyes. One night stands are never memorable for me including this one.

There was a knock at my door, was she just looking for trouble?

"I thought I told you to fu-"

"I would've remembered that." My uncle's voice sounded as he came in.

"Sorry about that," He just chuckled before he handed me a file.

"Here's your new assistant's CV and so on, and here is your new client, get it done." He walked away, his black leather shoes making a clicking sound in the hallway, even if I was the owner he pulls seniority on me. I peered at the file, my surname on the front always makes me feel better Stone & Partners.

Our business wasn't as ordinary as it sounds, we manage our clients' finances and assets but our clients; let's just say that their money is a darker color red than we care to find out about. 

Don't ask is our motto for a reason.

I tossed the file in my cabinet; I go through secretaries like I go through a suit which is relatively fast. I don't expect whoever that is to stay on very long so I do not need to read that CV.

I made my way to my matte black Lamborghini; my brother was also walking to his car, busy on his phone.

"Adrian," He looked up at me and smiled, unlocking his car and stuffing his phone in his pocket. His McLaren was nice, unfortunately, he didn't drive as well as I do.

" Ah, so you got the Lamborghini out today?" He softly mocked.

"I thought it would be a nice race today, seeing you lose, again."

"We'll see," The beauty of our cars going over the limit, zooming past the turns, the open two AM roads made for good drag racing, but it wasn't for the faint-hearted. I gave him a wave as I passed him, heading home. He hit his steering wheel in defeat, that's why I'm the older brother.

 I made my way to my office the following morning. Adrian was talking to a girl just as I rounded the corner, I didn't see her and bumped into her, she stumbled backward but thankfully I caught her just in time.

"Sorry I didn't see you there." She nodded and shrugged. I haven't seen her around before.

"This is Juliet O'Malley; she's your new assistant." I narrowed my eyes studying her, black heels, pencil skirt and aqua colored shirt. She had dark brown hair that was pulled up. She looked so familiar but I couldn't place her.

"Nice to meet you." I shook her hand lightly, her hand fit snugly in mine though she didn't have a very tight grip.

"Like I mentioned you'll be working for Blake or Mr. Stone here, he'll show you around." I nodded reluctantly, I am the boss and I don't give assistants tours. I walked to the desk in front of my office.