Chapter 3

Juliet

-Three weeks later-

I didn't want to go to work today, I stared up at the ceiling. Ava came in and set down a cup of coffee.

Liquid courage, work has been tense, Blake didn't talk to me, he didn't even look at me and I had no idea what I did wrong. He could've fired me if he wanted but he hasn't, I'm just the incompetent assistant, it would be easy to do away with me.

I got up and opened up my closet doors. Ava came in again and sat down on the small bed.

"Are you seriously wearing that to work?" I nodded, she sighed.

"You look like a grandma, how about..." she stood up and plucked out the bodycon black dress. She smiled holding it up.

"Oh no, that's too sexy, it's my job Ava," she rolled her eyes.

"It's very professional and it's below the knee so it's not going to cause any harm, you said your boss doesn't talk to you anymore so maybe this will get him talking, or at least looking," I sighed.

She left me to get ready, I decided that I'm going to wear this dress but with a blazer.

I didn't do my hair up today, instead, I let my hair flow freely.

I walked into the office, ready for another day of paperwork and admin. I sat down but then I realized I needed a file I left in Blake's office urgently. Well, this is just great, I usually get it from his office when he's out on lunch just to avoid any encounters with him.

I knocked, peering in, he was on the phone so I pointed to the file I needed and he nodded simply continuing the conversation.

 I reached up on the tips of my heels to get the file from on top of the cabinet. He emerged beside me getting the file for me almost instantly. He was just on the phone. He pinned me to the door of the cabinet, I held the file up as a shield between us. Wow, okay.

"Why are you wearing your hair down?" I frowned; do bosses usually ask these questions? Dress code didn't mention something like this.

"I'm sorry sir," I muttered instead.

"What did I tell you about weakness, but I know you're not very weak, you just act like it." He stepped back.

"What do you mean?"

He told me to sit down and sat in his chair behind his desk.

"Do you remember going to Century, a club downtown a few weeks ago?" I remember my sister and I went out for my 21st birthday and I woke up that morning in a strange man's bed, which I left in a hurry. I couldn't remember much except it was my first time, I didn't even know the guy. I felt so ashamed and embarrassed, it was never my plan but it happened and I'm trying to forget my stupidity. I felt bad, I wasn't the kind of person who does that usually, and I'm never doing it again.

"Faintly yes, why?" He clenched his jaw and folded his hands together. How did he know this? 

"Do you remember what happened that night?" I shook my head.

"Neither do I except that you ended up in my bed." My eyes widened, I...I slept with my boss without knowing it and he was my first. I could feel tears forming in my eyes, could this get any worse? This is why he's been ignoring me.

I sat there shocked for a moment.

"You'll have my resignation by the end of the day." I stood up, he also stood up and pushed against the door before I could get out, barricading it with his arms.