Chapter 11

Juliet

Being pregnant is not fun, I'll have you know. I am so tired after tonight, we just ate and danced for five minutes and I was ready to go to bed. When I got home, all the lovely food made and unwelcome return and to add to it all, I had an achy body.

Everything was just so uncomfortable.

I brushed my teeth and tied my hair up, I looked at myself in the mirror, I didn't have a glow like people say you get, no I had something more in the line of a broody and moody look. I walk out of the bathroom, just to see Blake standing at the island in the kitchen.

He looked like he wants to punch something, I wasn't scared of him anymore so I didn't think he'd get violent.

Something inside kept telling me that you don't actually know him.

I sat down in front of the island, he glances at me but then continued making me some warm milk. He was being very quiet, this scared me. He was quiet usually but not like this, his silence is laced in coldness.

"Is something wrong?" He shook his head and handed me the milk. He walks away-I try to convince me that he was just tired. I checked my phone.

I've been texting David, we've become good friends even if it hasn't been a long time. He seemed like he needed a friend, I need one too. Blake wasn't my friend, in fact, I'm not even sure what we are. He was the baby daddy and let me stay with him when my sister is... busy.

When I'm with him I feel like I couldn't exactly breathe, and there was this sensation in my stomach, not butterflies. He was hiding things from me, that I know very well. Ava has informed me on the rumors that surround him.

I could only believe them because I have no idea who he really is and he has only shown me a little bit who he is, so far it isn't exactly a pretty sight.

I planned on meeting David and Emma tomorrow for coffee, he seemed so alone and just in need of adult company. I imagine it has been rough for him to raise Emma alone after his wife died. I could at least give him my support and give Emma someone to talk to. You know girl talk, I have always had Ava but she has nobody she could talk to.

After my parents died when I was 14, Ava was there. We looked after each other, our brother Samuel looked after us, he was the eldest and had a very successful business. Just after high school I helped him out with his business and on a Monday morning, while I was rescheduling meetings because he called to tell me he would be late, I saw something on the news

10 People dead on subway collision

It was the subway he always takes, so I tried to call him, I didn't ever think that he'd be one of those victims, I was wrong to think that. After that, his business was sold to his investors and Ava and I had to figure things out for ourselves-luckily my aunt and uncle helped us a lot.

I know how hard it must be for him, I had to talk to Blake about us-Are we together? What are we?

Even friends would be better than being this kind of limbo phase.

But not tonight, I can barely keep my eyes open.

I woke up early the morning; I decided to take a shower first so that I can wake up properly. I felt a pair of rough hands on my hips after I entered the shower, first I scream in surprise and then gets turned around to face him.

"You scared me." I let out a breath, he smirks.

"Well, I wanted to surprise you."

"In the shower?"