Chapter 24

Blake

I squeezed Juliet's hand tightly, I was so afraid that something might happen to her and that she wouldn't make it through the operation. Luckily, she was okay and our baby too, he's very early so things haven't gone exactly as planned.

We were about to see our boy for the first time, the nurse walked us into the room where all the babies were, some looked very sickly. I couldn't look at them, I felt like I wanted to cry because maybe our boy looks like that, I knew he was on a ventilator because of his lungs that weren't completely developed. She stopped at a NICU which was named Baby Boy since we didn't have a name for him yet.

The nurse smiled.

"You can talk to him and touch him gently. Today we'll try his first manual feeding." She walked away. Juliet and I stood by the case and looked at him, he was tiny and had a tube in his nose , he seemed to be sleeping.

"I'm scared Blake, I'm scared to touch him."

"Don't be, darling, he won't break-he's a Stone, we get through everything." I took her hand and placed her finger on his tiny arm, she cried and continued to gently stroke his arm. He moved a little bit, opening his tiny eyes.

"Hey there baby boy," He looked around he looked at me before closing his eyes again. I gently rubbed his feet and arms, I can't get over how tiny he is.

I pulled out my list of names and sat beside Juliet.

"I guess we won't be using this side" She rested her head on my shoulder, her eyes trained on him.

"We can still call him Abigail."

"You sound like Adrian who wanted to call him Gaylord, no I can't do that to him." Juliet looked at the names.

"We should ask him" I nodded and leaned closer to the case.

"Is your name Daniel?" He didn't move, okay that's a no.

"How about Dean?" No, he kept sleeping.

"You know we only narrowed it down to three so your name better be Elliot or we shall call you Gaylord Stone" He opened his eyes again which caused Juliet and I to laugh.

"I don't think he likes the idea of that Blake, Elliot Matthew Stone, I like it" We decided that he should have something that relates to his heritage and my great grandfather was named Mathis so my father gave me the middle name of Matthew and I'm giving it to my son.

"I love that, Elliot Matthew Stone, I can feel it in my bones that he's going to a heartbreaker,"

"I'm betting he will because let's face it, you're hot and I'm hot and he's sure to be sexy" We both laughed softly, I walked away to the nurse's station to fill out his birth certificate, it feels like I'm in some kind of bubble because suddenly I have a son. Suddenly we're parents. I let out a deep breath as I walked back, we can do this together.

Soon enough I'm going to be a husband too.

I saw Juliet now in a nurse's gown with gloves and the nurse putting Elliot in her arms and handing her a bottle. I stood in the doorway just looking at her. She looked a little scared but held him with a smile, she slowly placed the bottle to his lips and he started sucking. I wanted to cheer but kept it in because babies were sleeping.

I walked back to her as she fed him.

"They said he has to start eating and gain enough weight before he can come home, our first goal is completed." I stroked his arm and with his little fingers he wrapped them around my thumb, he was so small.

I think I felt a tear on my cheek which shocked me, I haven't cried in years.

I wiped them away, still looking at the small hand which clasps onto my finger gently, he's still so fragile.

"Elliot, my boy, I'm not going to get use to this." He clenched my thumb a bit, he recognized my voice from all the times I've been talking to Juliet's baby bump.

"I'm a father" Juliet chuckled.

"I'm a mom, you're right this is going to need some getting used to."

After he was fed he fell asleep again, I wanted to stay there the whole night but Juliet was getting tired and the nurse said she'd keep us posted.

Adrian and Ava eagerly waited in the room for us, we walked in together.

"So what's his name?"

"Is it Gaylord?" Ava smacked Adrian on the head, making him winch.

"No, it's Elliot Matthew Stone, he liked that one the best after we kind of threatened him with that hideous name you wanted."

It was getting late so they left and I sat beside Juliet.

"How  are you feeling?"

"Bit sore but I'll survive, all I really want to do is get out of here."
"The soonest I can spring you baby is in three days and then you need to take it slow." I still had some influence just by my name, I can still get a doctor to do me a favour.

-One month later-

"Are you okay?" I walked downstairs around two am to get me some water and saw she wasn't beside me and now I found her in the kitchen drinking some milk.

"I'm just excited that Elliot is coming home today," I chuckled and kissed her head as I walked by.

"That's exactly why I'm awake" We've been visiting Elliot daily and he was growing amazingly well, he's gained about double his weight and his lungs were getting stronger, he isn't as tiny anymore but he's still small and his head can fit in my palm.

I got myself a glass of milk and opened up my laptop, I might as well work on my manuscript now that I'm awake and I'm guessing when Elliot is here I'm also going to be awake at this hour each day.

"You still haven't told me what the book is about,"

"That's because I'm not really sure yet, it's about my life but not exactly, like a not so-autobiography and there's some fictional parts, I guess it's fiction," She leaned over my shoulder, resting her head there.

"I hope you plan on writing some steamy scenes,"

"Why?"

"Because I love reading steamy scenes in a book and...I can help you with them, you know real life experimentation," I shut my laptop and picked her up, goodness me it's been a while.

"Guess we better start then,"

I walked her upstairs and placed her on the bed slowly, I pulled off her shirt. My eyes landing on the scar on her stomach, I trailed my fingers on them and she tried to cover it.

"Why do you not want me to see it?"

"It's ugly, I feel so ugly seeing it each day" She was about to cry.

"I have a scar too, we've both had our battles and it does not make you any less beautiful, you still make me want to rip your clothes off with just one look, still get me hot and bothered. Your body is like a paradise to me, scars and all. That scar came with a beautiful son, and my scar came with a beautiful wife -to –be."

She relaxed beneath my touch and kissed me lovingly.

It's funny how fast things can change, a few months ago I was a ruthless businessman and here I am I have a son, a fiancé and I have my dream job as a writer.