Chapter 28

Blake

She looked at me like I broke her and excused herself as we got to the beach house a few hours away from home for our honeymoon. Elliot was in safe hands with my mother, who still didn't talk to me.

She locked the door and I slid down beside it from what I could hear. I never thought I'd consider going back to the military, but I owed Archer this. He is deploying in the next two weeks and I'm going with, we're going to get people out of war-ridden countries, it's a part of a refugee campaign.

 Not so long ago my grandparents were refugees and I felt like this is something I owed to them too.

I didn't tell my mother this because she wanted me dead anyways.

I leaned my head on the door.

"I'm sorry, I messed up our honeymoon we should be having fun and enjoying our time together, and here we are, I'm so sorry," I felt so helpless, the moment when her face etched into a frown and she sobbed into my shoulder I could feel my heart painfully constricting.

I heard her sit down on the other side of the door. I leaned back so that my head was on the one side of the doorway and my feet on the other.

"We're married Blake, you have a wife and a son who needs you too ." She muttered agony in her soft voice echoing in her words.

"It's just for a month," I couldn't actually justify me leaving my newlywed wife and heading to the depth of war and suffering.

"A lot can happen in a month , you can get killed trying to save these people, why didn't we discuss this first?"

"Because I knew you wouldn't like the idea, this is the last thing I have to do before I can have a completely clean slate with our little family-I owe it to Archer and my heritage,"

"Why do you owe him?"

"We were on Operation Octagon, it was years ago but we were paired up to get into a base camp where there were men hiding, I got in the line of fire and he had my back-he saved me and dragged me back to our camp because I was badly injured-he's the reason you have a son and a husband."

"Which I'm going to lose, you're just leaving like that?"

"I'm coming back , we have to enjoy our honeymoon before I go," I heard the door unlocking and she opened it.

"You promised me you'll be here for me, but now you're going away without us discussing it first, that's not how you do it."

"We're brothers in arms, my love is going nowhere" I could see the anger starting to emanate from her. She kissed me nonetheless and then pulled away from me.

"So you're breaking your promise to keep another, I don't know if I should be angry or sad," She huffed

"I promise you that I'm coming back," She pulled me into the room,pulling my shirt off, she had a fierceness in her eyes, she was definitely pissed. She pushed me down onto the bed, she narrowed her eyes at me.

"Are you angry?" 

"No shit, this is low Blake, you could've given me some warning, and anything at all would've been nice!"

She pulled off her dress, I was confused, she was pissed as hell and yet she's making love to me. I pushed myself up on the bed, she pulled off her bra and underwear.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going to make damn love to you, to make you realize what you're giving up, because I'm so bloody fucking sad and angry that it's either this or me stabbing you, so what do you choose?"