Chapter 23

Juliet

Ava and I were walking by the bookshop, I was telling her that Blake and I want to come buy some story books for the nursery when suddenly I felt my knees becoming weaker, I thought I must be getting tired and that it's nothing.

Things became blurry and I felt myself fall into a darkness.

Scenes flashed in front of me, I saw myself standing at a bar with Ava. I think this was my 21st birthday. Ava got us some drinks and disappeared.

I continued to sit at the bar, a bit afraid of this club. I've never done this before, never been in a bar. I sometimes hate Ava for doing this to me. A man came and sat beside me, he had on some tailored jeans, leather shoes and a crisp white shirt.

"Do you want to dance?" I knew I was getting tipsy when I agreed very fast. He was hot and when I mean hot I mean he could make butter melt with just a gaze. He danced close to me, holding me by the hips. Things were heating up, he placed little kisses on my neck when I pulled away.

"Uhm I'm not that type of girl for this..." I stated and turned around but he grabbed my hand, I prayed he wasn't one of those guys that couldn't take no for an answer. If he, was I was prepared to kick the hell out of his groin.

"I know you're not, that's why I asked you to dance, you have some dignity and you seem to be nice." I chuckled, nice, he likes nice. Wasn't he the one who just kissed me?

He offered to buy me a drink and from the way he talks and carries himself I could see he wasn't some lowlife, he seemed to have this air of authority about him, like his job was something with a lot of discipline. He looked like someone that had a reputation to keep.

After drinking half of the drink he had a smirk on his face. He took a sip of his drink before setting it down.

"Would you like a ride home?"Say no Juliet, I kept telling myself.

"I don't want to go home right now." That was smooth.

"Then what do you want to do?" Oh no.

"I want to...walk" He turned his head to the side and smiled.

"Then let's go" He pulled me out of the club and we walked down the dark streets until we got to a park. I didn't feel so good the drink must be sifting through me thoroughly now. He took my hand and we sat down on the swings.

"Tonight is beautiful," He looked at me as I turned to him, I leaned in and placed a kiss on his lips slowly, he had this soothing deep voice that had me putty in his hands. I didn't stop kissing him. He pulled me closer deepening the kiss. My whole body felt like I was walking on fire. He pulled away from me suddenly.

"I don't intend to sleep with you tonight, you said it yourself you don't do this, neither do I," I kind of think that's a bit of a lie.

"And why not?" I asked almost outraged that he didn't want to sleep with me, I was very very drunk at this point, I kissed a strange man and now I want to sleep with him, drunk Juliet is just fantastic. 

"I thought you didn't want to, I think I've changed my mind since we both agree now that  we should." He continued kissing me again, lucky me that I met a gentleman in a club. He called a cab and soon enough we stopped at a place that I didn't recognize, a huge house. 

I didn't listen to common sense and here I was.

He pulled me inside and we continued to kiss

***

He placed me on his bed, stripping me bare. I didn't tell him it's my first time because I felt like such a loser. I felt like he would reject me and I really needed this right now. Everything in my life was falling apart.