Chapter 7

Juliet

"Ava, I can't do this." I looked at her with teary eyes. She held my hands in hers, looking me in the eye.

"Don't worry Juliet; things will be okay, maybe not now but eventually." She pulled me into a hug.

"He's still my boss, things are just going too fast for me, I can't keep up." I sat down feeling faint, Ava zipped my suitcase up.

"Things are, just take it step by step- I know you really don't want to move in with him but think about this, you're going to have him close by for a while and be safe. He is after all so sexy, hey maybe you'll get to do some boom boom." I started cracking up.

This is why I love Ava, besides that she is my sister, she can always make me feel at ease when I'm about to freak out. She can make me laugh in worst of times. Since our parents died, she's been the only family I have.

I looked up at her.

"The worst thing about all of this is that even if we're going to have a baby together that's all we'll be, just two people who look after a baby together. I had a dream of a family, being happily married. " I could feel a tear run down my cheek.

"Chin up sis! You never know what will happen, I can see from a mile away he has a yearning for you, focus on my little niece or nephew, not your bloody boss!" She huffed, she was right my first priority needs to be the baby and our safety.

The knock on the door interrupted our conversation. She opened the door, I sat on the bed still. I was just his secret, just the woman who's baby is his. Another notch on his bed post. I wiped away my tears before he came in.

 When he came in, he didn't wear his suit, he had on a pair of nicely fitting jeans and a plain t-shirt. He looked so different from at the office. He looked more relaxed and less like a man who is capable of making anyone's life a living hell with a snap of his fingers.

I stood up with the fakest of smiles on my face.

He gave me a small smile in return

"Are you ready?" I nodded, he picked up my bag. Ava hugged me goodbye, telling me she'd call and visit if she can. I honestly think he wouldn't let her visit.

He put my bag in the back of his car, he opened the door for me and I slid in. 

"Are you okay?" He asked quietly.

"Yeah." He stopped at his house, helping me with my bags. His house was so big, I still couldn't get used to it. I followed him to a room, it was painted in a beige color and decorated with a big bed in the middle, a dresser and mirror made of oak. There was a chair in the corner where a door leads to the bathroom.

He set down my suitcase on the chair when I walked out of the bathroom.

"Would you like some lunch? You should eat more now." He stated.

I just nodded, I had to shake off this feeling of dread first.

He happily jogged to the kitchen and started making something. Well, I never thought I'd see the day where my terrifying boss is cooking lunch for me. I kept quiet and sat in a chair at the table just studying the large kitchen.

"My house is your house now, feel free to walk around." I stood up and walked out the glass door, it led to a beautiful backyard, there were the most beautiful roses. There was a pool too, it all was heavily fenced, I think it was an electrical fence actually. I swallowed hard, I didn't really know who Blake Stone was, he had a hidden part of him that he didn't talk about and these fences made me think that it was mostly dangerous.