Chapter 8

"Ok now follow me, and I repeat, don't look them in the eyes." I say walking towards the inner-island. That's where most of the endermen wander, not many come to the outer-island. The endermen around us give my human followers weird looks. "Ignore them, I'm here for emergency reasons. Do you know where Yuri is?" I ask one. "He is on the tallest spire." He answers. "Thanks." I walk away with the others in tow. Suddenly I hear a low growl, and it starts slowly getting louder. I spin around, about to ask who looked at an enderman, but I don't have to cause that Jace kid is staring one down right now. "What are you doing?!" I rush to get in between them. I look to the effected enderman. Many endermen were afflicted with a horrid spell during the Human-Monster War in Atlantia. The humans tried to poison the End with a spell, but it backfired and just made endermen loose their minds with anger and aggression when a human looks directly into their eyes. Many of us are still getting over it.  His mouth is opened abnormally wide, and his eyes have turned a dark purple. "Stop, stop. Calm down. He isn't looking anymore." I sooth. "Take them to the tallest spire." I say to Serena. The enderman stares at Jace as he walks away. When Jace is out of sight, the enderman calms down. Hs shakes his head, and presses his hands to the side of his head. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I- I didn't mean to." He says shakily. "It's ok. I know, I know. You're fine now." I soothe. "You'll be better soon, I know it. You'll feel normally in no time." I excuse myself, walk after the others, and go straight to Jace. "Seriously? What was my one rule of coming here?" I say. "Don't look them in the eyes! I will leave you back on earth if you don't straighten up." He seems flippant and doesn't seem to care for a word I'm saying. "It was looking at me weird." He answers, bored. "That's cause you are a human in the End. It's not a common thing to see." I sigh. "You guys stay here, I'm going up top. And DON'T look at them again. An enderman will obliterate you. And I won't be here to protect you." I teleport to the top of the spire. My dad, Yuri, is there. He is sitting at the stone table, thinking. "Joey. I knew it was only a matter of time before you showed up. You should know I can't help you. Endermen can't fight angels." He says. "I know, that's not why I'm here. I'm just here to find a safe place for me and my friends." I say. "Well, feel free to stay here as long as you want. Just make sure they know not to disturb the endermen." "I know. I've told them. I'm going to get back to them now." I teleport back to the bottom of the spire. When I land Serena is straddling Isabelle and is winding up to punch her. I push her off just in time and Serena falls to the ground. "Serena! What are you doing?" I ask. "She just insulted me, she called me a-" "I don't want to know what she called you. But I do want to know why you think that's enough to go at her like that." I say. "I don't trust her. Something about her seems off." She explains. "Well, I'm sorry. But you can't go punching our new allies. If you make them leave, then we'll have no one. " She grunts and looks away. I walk over to the others. "What the heck happened?" I ask. "She just attacked me. I didn't do anything wrong." Says Isabelle. "Is this true?" I ask Clary. "You know, I can't really remember. It all seemed blurry. I just remember Serena jumping at Izzy." She says. "The same." Says Alec. I sigh. "What is wrong with her?" Tyron's thinks. "I don't know..." Jack thinks, next. I walk back over to Serena. "She said you just attacked her." I say. "You didn't ask the others?" She says, incredulously. "I did, and they said the same thing." "What!? They saw the whole thing." She looks thoughtful. "Hmm..."