Chapter 10

"You being an angel, that halo everyone's talking about is important to you as well, right?" I ask her. "Yes. I guess I could help look for it, but it'll be hard. We angels have a sense that leads us to the Halo, but when we got here the sense was leading us downwards, in the ground. Instead of making a bee-line for it, the angels went all the way around the earth looking for it. They have been taking every human they see as prisoners." She explains. "Why would... you know, God, allow this?" "My Lord was not happy about our actions, but knowing how important the Halo is to us, He let us come to look for it. But He made us swear not to kill any humans. And to reset their memories after it was all over. We all promised, and you can't break a promise you made to someone who knows all." "But humans are still dying. There are casualties to this angelic attack." "It's the demons. They won't hesitate to kill anything. But we have been exorcising them as we see them." "Hmm. You said that when you got here the sense was leading you down... Maybe the Halo is underground. Maybe the Chalice too." Suddenly I hear a scream. I spin around and see Isabelle on the ground surrounded by sizzling smoke. The blood that touches the end stone is evaporating immediately. I can see black blood staining her shirt. I rush over. "What happened!?" I say. "Serena stabbed me! I feel dizzy." She says. "It's the poison in her knife. Wait here, I'm going to get a first aid kit." I get up to go find some enderman healing substances. "Joey wait. Don't do it." Serena says. "You are out of control! Why would you do that!? I need to go get something before the poison is incurable." "No! Wait. If she is a demon like I thought, then she won't be able to hold this form for very long. As she gets weaker from the poison, she will show us her true form." "A demon?! She's not a demon! She's my daughter." Shouts Maryse. "Look." Says Serena, pointing to Isabelle on the ground. We look down at her, her skin is turning grey, and black, and brown, her eyes are also bulging out of her head. She growls, an inhuman growl. Suddenly she flies up, her form changing into a smokey mass. It floats up and stares down at us. It is mostly smoke, but has sharp, glass-like teeth and two big red eyes floating around in there. "How dare you poison me like that!?" He says, his voice like a fire. "It's a Greater Demon!" Magnus shouts. I hear endermen shouting behind me and turn around to see a group rushing in this direction with endorium spears. "Weaken it enough to banish it to the Void!" Orders one. The endermen all throw their spears at it. Despite the fact that it's made of smoke, it is still solid. The spears sink themselves into the Greater Demon's smokey flesh, they have ropes attached to the ends, so they can be pulled back out and thrown again. And the enderman soldiers do just that. I pull out my knife, and teleport on top of him. I stab him multiple times. I end up having to get off because one of his teeth shifts it's way up to me. It almost takes off my leg. I teleport to the top of the nearby spire to get dad. He is trying to push the bedrock table off the edge. "Joey help me with this." He grunts. I go over and help him push. Finally it goes over the edge and we watch as the indestructible stone falls and hits the Greater Demon from above. He falls to the ground, pinned beneath the stone. Me and dad teleport to the ground. "Banish him now! Before he regains his strength." My dad shouts. An enderman comes and takes a special stone and touches it to the demon's skin, chanting in a language I don't recognize. Soon enough the demon starts slowly disappearing. "That was intense." Says Jace.