chapter7

Kinza's pretty pearl lavender necklace above in pic:)

'Please complete your prayer/salah, if it's pending before proceeding to read this chapter.' Coz the first thing we will be asked on the day of judgment will be about our salah/prayer.'

_____

"Here, near my eyebrow, "Iram pointed out to Kinza, raising her left eyebrow.

Two expert girls were applying henna in her hands beautifully. Iram had this problem that whenever she had henna in her hands, she felt itchiness in her face.

"Okay?" Kinza asked after rubbing the spot near her eyebrows.

"Yeah, my chin," Iram said making a weird face.

"Ya Allah, stop thinking too much Iram," Kinza said, rubbing her chin. The girls were smiling at Iram's paranoid antics.

"Let me see what you do when you are being applied henna," Iram smirked.

"Haha! I don't get those random tingles of itchiness," Kinza quipped back. 

"Assalam Alaikum girls," Sidra spoke, entering Iram's room.

"What took you so long?" Iram and Kinza asked in unison after answering to her salaam.

"Ammi was preparing lunch for bhai," Sidra replied, jumping in bed beside Kinza and noticing Iram's hand.

"Ohh, where is Chachi?" Iram asked.

"All the women are sitting in the lounge and having a chit-chat."

"Okay."

________

Kinza and Heena were invited to Iram's home to apply henna for the engagement, but only Kinza had applied the henna to others.

"Let's see, how dark the color turns out," Sidra teased and Iram laughed in sarcasm to hide the blush.

"It's said that the deeper the fiancee or husband's love, the darker the color of henna," Kinza joined sidra in teasing.

"But if my henna doesn't get dark, does that mean Ayaan... " Iram trailed off realizing what she was blabbering.

"Oh gosh!" Sidra and Kinza teased her in unison.

"Aww Iram, that's not true; it's just a saying," Kinza comforted, looking at her henna.

"Let me draw an 'A' in your palm in that space," Kinza stated, taking the cone carefully as not to spoil the henna design.

"But that's applied at the wedding time? Right?" Sidra asked.

"Yeah, but we will write now, for fun."

"How's this?" Kinza asked after writing 'A' on Iram's palm.

Iram smiled as she was trying hard not to blush in front of them.

"Look who's blushing!" Sidra poked her nose.

"No one is blushing!" Iram blabbered, looking anywhere but them.

"Heena Aunty is waiting for you," Rehaan came running into the room and informed Kinza.

"Okay, bye girls," Kinza said and side hugged Iram as both of them had henna in their hands.

"Congratulations," Kinza whispered in her ears.

"Don't be late tomorrow," Iram said as pink color invaded her cheeks.

"Sure, Allah hafiz."
_____________

"Banu..." Kinza called to help her in drinking water as she had henna in her hands. However, Banu wasn't in the kitchen. She sat in the dining chair waiting for Banu or Heena aunty. She was staring at the glass of water when Daniyal entered and took another glass of cold water and left after drinking, without even a single glance at Kinza.