Chapter8

"You look nervous," Daniyal stated as they drove to Iram's house after the engagement ceremony.

"No, Am not." Ayaan denied though it was crystal clear.

"Chill bro, who will start the conversation if you are nervous, Iam sure, Iram would be nervous too," Daniyal said as he pulled the car in front of the gate.

"Cool," Ayaan replied taking a deep breath.

They were greeted by Iram's father and other relatives. Ayaan and Daniyal were seated at the guest room with other guests as they were served delicacies.

"Come ayaan." Ahmad, Iram's mamu called him and they both walked out of the room to the back garden of the house. There was a swing set at the garden and round table with chairs arranged neatly with small exquisite flower pots arranged admirably in a row.

"Have a seat beta, I will be back in a minute."

"Thanks, "Ayaan replied with a smile, taking a seat.

After a few minutes of silence, Ahmad walked in the garden with Iram following him. She was fidgeting with her Maron and cream-colored dupatta, it was the dress which his sister and Ammi had bought for Iram, She looked breathtakingly beautiful.
He was lost in his trance when Ahmad coughed coming near him.

"Iram, have a seat dear," Manu said making Iram sit in the chair in front of him. She was looking down at the green grass.

"I will play clash of clans for a while." With that, he walked away from them and sat in the swing; a Lil far from both of them; as to give them some space.
Ayaan was confused about how to start the conversation.

"Are you nervous?"Ayaan splattered...

'What a question Ayaan.' He thought as he gave himself a mental pat.

"Yes, and I guess so you are."She smiled, finally looking at him.

"Umm, yeah."He replied.

"Your henna is beautiful." he complimented after a few minutes.

"Thanks."

"May I have a look."He asked.
She hesitated because kinza had written 'A' in her Palm. But then after thinking for a while she opened her Palm in front of him.

"Beautiful."He whispered smiling.

"Thanks."She sighed thanking God that he didn't notice the 'A'.

"But your 'A' is more beautiful, though it's too small."He said emphasizing on 'your'. She blushed prettily at his compliment.

"So, do you have any questions to ask?"He asked with genuine concern.

"No, erm... I forgot all the questions in, umm nervousness." She chuckled.

Iram looked gracefully beautiful.
Rua, his sister had teased him while showing her photo, and he got to see only a glance of her in the pic.

"And do you?" She asked seeing him last in his train of thoughts.

"Are you happy?" He asked and she smiled.

After a moment of silence, they noticed Ahmad mamu was walking towards them.

"Times up, "Ayaan said as he took a small red box from his pocket and kept it in her Palm. Iram tensed at his touch.

"I know Ammi gave you the engagement ring but these ones from me." He smiled.

"All well?"Ahmad asked nearing them.