Chapter Two: Let's Trick The Witch

Chapter Two:

Once we pulled up in front of Serenity’s townhome in the estates, Mason jumped out and ran over to open the door for me. “Girlfriend,” He bowed before he took my hand and helped me out. What a gentleman.

“Oh, what a gentleman, who knew you, could act decent? What a shock!” I teased as I took his hand.

“Only the best for my fake girlfriend,” He had a sly grin upon his face.

“Ok fake boyfriend, ready to face the devil?” I giggled as he linked his arm in mine and guided me up to the front French doors.

“Ah, she can’t be too bad. I bet she is a kitty cat compared to my best friend Ryden’s girlfriend, Amara. Now she is just plain evil.” He shuddered.

We made our way into the house only to be greeted by a high pitched laugh, “UK you made it!” Oh great, here we go!

“Well Taylor, I just have to say you look a lot better in person.” Serenity trailed her nail along his arm as he struggled to put some distance in between them. He gave me a pleading look clearly not impressed at all by her horrible attempt at flirting.

“Ok Serenity, you wanted to meet my boyfriend and you did. So can you leave me alone?” I took a hold of Mason’s hand and intertwined his fingers in mine.

Might as well milk this pretend relationship for all it’s worth.

“I’ll leave you alone, for now, but I’ll be back. The girls need to meet him too.” She cackled as she waltzed off to harass some other poor soul.

“Ok I take it back; she is just as horrible as Amara is. I’m sorry you have to deal with her.” Mason chuckled as he pulled me along towards the kitchen.

“Well, if this Amara is anything like Serenity, I feel sorry for you too.” I laughed along with him as he grabbed us both a drink from the packed fridge. Popping the top on one Pepsi he handed it to me before popping the top on his. Thank gosh he didn’t want to drink the alcohol! I’ve never drank and I don’t plan on trying it until I at least graduate. If I got drunk, I wouldn’t need Serenity to ruin my rep, I’d do it all on my own.

“So,” He paused to take a long swig of his Pepsi, “What now?”

“I don’t know, we can mingle or maybe go and try to find Bailee and Asher, they should be here somewhere and I’m sure, Clayton, Asher’s best friend is lurking around here somewhere too.”

“Sure, let’s go.”

  **

 After wandering around aimlessly for a while, saying hi to a few school mates here and there, we finally found Bailee, Asher, and Clayton gathered outside next to the pool, chatting and listening to the music blasting out from the living room. Plopping myself next to Bay on the side of the pool, I kicked off my flats and dropped my feet into the water, savoring the coolness of the water against my sweaty feet. Wearing flats in this ninety degree weather was not the greatest idea. Mason settled down next to me and leaned back on his elbows. Bay introduced him to Clayton and they exchanged hellos.