Part 8

Bella had fell asleep on Ashton and honestly it was the cutest thing I had ever seen.

I smiled and plopped down beside him.

"She really loves you ya know?"

"Yeah, I know." He said, smiling.

"Hey Ashton?"

"Yeah?"

"What's really going on with Isabella?"

He sighed and looked at her.

"Kids are picking on her at school....I caught her with one of your blades. I don't know if she's done it before...but I stopped her this time."

"Oh my God..Ashton, why didn't you tell me!?"

"Shh..I didn't want to while she was around. It would have made her upset."

"I can't believe this..my little sister.."

I wanted to cry. I was about to. I was on the verge of tears.

Ashton wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer.

"Don't cry. She's okay now.."

"How could I not have known, Ashton? I'm her sister for God's sake!"

"Shh...hey it's alright. Sometimes it's hard to see pain."

"Not if she's my sister. I'm a terrible guardian..."

"You are not. Your sister is just like every other human being..she can hide her feelings.."

"I should have known...sometimes I feel like I should be dead. She would be better off-"

"Skylar..."

He made me look at him.

"You and that little girl mean the world to me. I love you both so much you couldn't even imagine what I would do. I love you. If you ever..and I mean ever think or try to do any of that stuff...I don't know what I'd do."

I was speechless.

He loved us?

How?

He couldn't love us...we aren't related..we're close of course..but love? No way..

"Ashton..how could you love me? How could you love us?"

"Because I do. You two are irresistible in my eyes...and I love you guys..you're my family.."