Suspicion

~HAZELINE~

I wanted to crawl up into a ball and die. Right then and right there. I pressed myself further and further into the wall as every teacher and student in this air-deprived room argued over whether or not I was guilty of putting my name in that freaking Goblet. 

The giant lady, Madame Maxime and the man that was constantly frowning, Karkaroff were down each others throats, screeching in anger at the fact that I was in the room. To be quite honest, it was one of the most horrifying things I had ever witnessed. 

"Silence!" Dumbledore yelled, his voice echoing off the walls that were closing in on me. 

He stepped closer to me, making my hands start to shake slightly. He frowned down at me as I let out a small whimper of terror.

"Hazeline," he began, his voice surprisingly calm. "Did you, or did you not put your name in that Goblet?"

I shook my head vigorously and stammered out, "n-no. I didn't."

"Did you get one of the older students to do it for you?"

I shook my head again. "No, sir."

Snape then speaks up, saying, "I believe the girl."

I sigh in relief that at least one teacher seems to believe me. For some reason, Snape was one of the teachers who actually could stand me. Maybe it was because I was related to Draco or something, but whatever it was I appreciated it. 

 Karkaroff and Madame Maxime begin to bicker again, but are quickly cut off by the door swinging open yet again. Professor Moody hobbles in, slamming the door shut after him and causing a gust of wind to hit me square in the face. 

"Where is she?" He questioned.

All eyes turn to me, and I try to keep my composure but I know that I'm not doing to well. Instead of cowering in fear, I look Moody straight in the eye, to try and get across that I'm innocent. Which I am, of course. 

"We have already established that the girl is innocent," Dumbledore counters, before Karkaroff, Madame Maxime or anyone else for that matter can say anything. 

"Well, of course she is!" Moody agrees, surprising me quite greatly.  "Only a fool would want to enter the Tournament at her age!"

He examines my face silently and then continues, "being chosen by that Goblet represents an unbreakable contact. Someone has put this girl's name into the Goblet of Fire, knowing that she would have to compete and hoping that maybe, elatedly this girl would die."

Cedric was avoiding eye contact with me, and so was Victor Krum. But the Veela girl looked almost gleeful.

I tried not to show any emotion on my face, but my voice cracked as I said a panicky, "what?"

Mad eyed-Moody went on to explain how it was possible for a fourth person to be entered into the competition, managing to almost drive me to an actual panic attack right then and there.

"Well, since you know so much about it how do we know you didn't do it?" Karkaroff accused, snarling at Moody.

"I would never send a young witch to her deathbed." Again, not helping! "I am just trained to think as dark wizards do. But you must remember that."

Karkaroff sneered, but didn't say anymore, retreating backwards away from the professor.

"But surely she doesn't have to compete, does she?" Professor Mcgonagall finally spoke, her voice high-pitched and squeaky.

Mr Crouch then said, "I'm afraid that the Goblet has chosen its contestants. Its four contestants. From this moment on miss Lestrange is officially a Triwizard champion."