Discoveries And Christmas

~HAZELINE~

I walked through the grounds, away from the pitch, with Harry, Ron, Hermione and Hagrid.

"Rubbish, why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?" Hagrid asked.

"I don't know, why was he trying to get past that three-headed-dog on Halloween?" Ron backfired.

"How do you know about fluffy?"

"That thing has a name?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"Of course he does, he mine. I bought him off an Irish fellow in a pub. To help Dumbledore guard the-"

"The what?" Ron demanded.

"Nevermind! It's Hogwarts business!" He yelled.

"But Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it!" Hermione whined.

"Snape is a Hogwarts teacher! He would do no such thing!" Hagrid defended.

"Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a spell when I see one and Snape wasn't blinking," Hermione stated.

"Exactly," Harry agreed.

"Now listen to me you lot. Your meddling with things that should not be meddled with. What fluffy is guarding is strictly between Dumbldore and Nicholas Flammel."

"Nicholas Flammel?" We all said in unison.

"I've said too much," Hagrid then stalked off, leaving me very confused.

"Who's Nicholas Flammel?" Harry asked.

"I don't know," Hermione said sadly.

***************************************************

Christmas was just around the corner, but I had no where to go. So, I was styling at Hogwarts. Probably one of the only ones who was. I sat down at the Gryffindor table and opened my diary.

I wrote:

Dear Mother,

I'm so sorry that I haven't written.

I am enjoying Hogwarts. Well, sometimes I don't, sometimes I do.

It's off and on.

Are you still staying at Sirius'?

I have tried to stay in the shadows as much as possible, but it's so difficult.

I have managed to make one new friend, Hermione Granger.

Draco Malfoy, Ron Weasley and Neville Longbottom seem to really hate me.

As do the rest of the school, I added mentally.

Have a very merry Christmas.

Lots of love,

Hazeline.

I sighed and ripped the page out of the leather-covered book. Where was Victoria? Well, she wasn't here. So, I pocketed the letter and waited for her. As some other students entered the great hall, I hung my head, my hair shielding my face form veiw, luckily.

"Hazeline?" I heard a familiar voice ask.

I turned my head and gave Harry Potter a small smile. "Hi," I whispered quietly.

"Hi," he replied.

Then he sat down with Ron, who was setting up a board game.

"Harry and I are going to play wizard chess. Feel free to leave," he said, annoyed.