Stay In The Shadows

~HAZELINE~

I didn't really know wether or not I should stay or go with Harry and Ron. Ron doesn't seem to like me much. I was about to leave, seeing I was the only one left in the class, when Snape called my name.

"Hazeline," he said. I looked around and saw that the room was empty. "You come to me if anyone gives you a hard time. Understand?"

I was so shocked, I nodded and choked out, "thank you."

With that, I left. Waiting for me outside, was an angry Ron and a smiling Harry.

"You ready to go?" Harry asked me.

"A-are you sure?" I stammered.

"Yeah. Don't worry about it." He smiled again, encouragingly and we took off, climbing the steps out of the dungeons.

"Snape seems to really hate me," Harry mumbled.

"Don't worry about it. He hates all Gryffindors," he reassured. "Except one," he spat at me.

"I really don't want to intrude," I whispered.

Harry glared at Ron and said, "ignore him."

Ron's mouth fell open. "Ignore me? Well, then she'll have to ignore everyone else who thinks her family is made of demons. Which is pretty much the entire school." I flinched at his cruel words.

"Enough, Ron," Harry warned.

"No. I've had enough of this. She's evil and you know it, you just think she's pretty, when even you told me she was just a joke." I looked at Harry quickly and then ran off, back to the common room.

"Caput Draconis," I whispered and the painting swung open.

I ran to my bed and hugged my pillow into my chest, weeping. I was just a joke. I thought Harry might actually care about me. But, I was wrong.

I woke up and ran to the bathroom mirror, the girl in the mirror had a red, wet, puffy face. I guess I cried myself to sleep last night. I went back to my bedroom and got changed into my robes. I then placed Victoria on my shoulder and put my silver cross around my neck. I also plaited my hair into two braids, like I usually did. I grabbed my diary and ran down the Hogwarts halls to the great hall. I sat down and tried to hide my face as much as possible, but of course, I was noticed.

Neville banged his hands down onto the table beside me and said, "what's with the owl Le-Strange?"

He Emphasised the 'Strange' part of my last name and poking Victoria, who screeched at him.

When I didn't answer he said, "c'mon. She's so small and puny, just like her owner." I breathed in a long, deep breath and then exhaled.

"Leave her alone," I heard an annoyed voice behind me and turned around to see... Harry?

I hung my head and tried to disappear into thin air.

"Harry, really? She's evil. Her mothers a murderer and it's probably in the blood," he spat at me.

I just got up, with Victoria still on my shoulder, and walked out of the great hall, to the Quidditch field. A few Slytherin and Gryffindor students were all ready standing next to brooms. I strolled over to one on the end and Victoria flew away, back to the girl's dormitories window. I guess she forgot that she was supposed to take my diary with her. The teacher, Madam Hooch, finally arrived, she had short grey hair and yellowish eyes like a snake.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" She yelled. "Stand beside a broomstick. C'mon hurry up!"

I stayed put, seeing I was already standing beside a broom.