Quidditch And Secrets

~HAZELINE~

The next morning I woke happily. It was a Saturday, thank goodness. Christmas was just around the corner, so it was very cold. I pulled a blue jumper over my head, it had a white, winking smiley face on it, a pair of skinny jeans, a blue beanie, my owl bracelet that my mum gave me for my birthday and a blue scarf. I plaited my hair into two braids and applied the minimum amount of foundation to my face. As I turned away from the mirror, I saw Hermione waiting behind me, grinning.

"Hi," she chirped happily.

"Hello," I replied quietly.

"You are very quiet, you know that?" She asked as we walked down the stairs.

I just shrugged. Yes, I was quiet. But for good reasons.

When we arrived at the great hall, I walked in with my head down and tried to stay unnoticed. I sat down next to Hermione, who was chatting with Harry and Ron about the 'big game' today.

"Harry you really must eat something!" She was insisting, but Harry just kept declining her advice.

Ron was mostly silent, I'm unsure why. Neville walked over to Harry to wish him luck.

He then looked at me and said, "what are you looking at? You little twit," and stalked off.

I hung my head and tried to eat my porridge, but it tasted cold and gluggy.

"Did you see Snape's leg last night?" Harry asked us, I nodded, while the others shook their heads. "There was a big gash running down it. I bet you he was trying to get past that dog. And the troll was a distraction!"

Our eyes widened. Hermione opened her mouth to speak, but clamped it shut as the owls came swooping in. I held out my arm and Victoria came swooping down, landing lightly on it. In her beak was a letter.

It read:

Dear Hazel,

I hope your doing okay at school. Why no reply to my letters? I'm waiting!

I'm still at Sirius'. I hope you have a lovely Christmas.

Also, I heard about that troll. You're so brave! I'm very proud of you!

Have you made many friends? Are you doing well in school?

Don't let anyone walk over you Hazel, you are a smart and strong girl.

Merry Christmas and good luck,

Mother.

P.S- Remember to get rid of this.

I smiled at her words 'good luck'. Well, I'm going to need it.

"Are you ok, Hazeline?" Harry asked me.

"Yeah, fine," I mumbled. "Oh, good luck by the way, Harry."

"Thanks."

Ron was glaring daggers at me. I glanced at Hermione.

"Well, Hazeline and I are going to find seats. Good luck Harry," she said, I nodded and followed her down to the pitch.

We walked past all the other students, who were chatting to each other happily. We sat down in Gryffindor stand and waited for the game to begin. Hermione was sitting on my right and on her other side sat Ron, I wasn't surprised. On my other side sat nobody and I was ok with that because, I had to stay hidden.

I looked up to realise that the game had already begun. Red and green flashed before my eyes, the Gryffindor and Slytherin teams chasing the quaffle back and forth. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a glint of gold. Harry was darting every way, the other keeper on his tail and then-Harry's broom was out of control, it was spinning and nose-diving

. He was hanging on for dear life, in midair. I panicked, I had to do something. I glanced over the crowd and saw Snape staring intently at Harry and moving his mouth slowly, not looking away. It had to be him! He was jinxing the broom!

"Hermione!" I said, trying to get her attention by pulling her sleeve.

"What?" She answered.

"It's Snape! He jinxing the broom, look!" I pointed to Snape. "You have to do something!"

"Do something Hermione!" Ron said, panicked as well.

She stood up and I watched her creep behind Snape and pull out her wand. The next thing you know Snape's cloak is on fire and the teachers around him are yelling and huffing. I peered up and saw that Harry had returned to the game. But he was standing on his broom, hand outstretched, reaching for the flying, golden ball in front of him.

At least if he falls he's not to high up, I thought. Try to be positive. He reached further, if that's possible and then... He fell, but not from a far distance. He tumbled across the ground, but stood up anyway, regaining composure. He held his hands to his stomach.

"It looks like he's going to be sick!" A Gryffindor named Seamus called out.

But he wasn't sick, he held out his hands and spit the fluttering golden snitch in them.

"Harry has caught the snitch! Gryffindor wins!" The commentator announced.