Chapter 3 • Stay Over [REDO]

The weekend had finally arrived. You were gonna be joining Taiga and his team to watch them play at a local basketball tournament. You were quite excited to get to watch him play the sport that he was so passionate about again.

Recently, the weather forecasts had been all over the place so you were really unsure of what to wear. You soon realised that you were getting too worked up about what you were going to wear, this wasn't a date after all. Though a little part of you wished it was.

Finally, you had decided on what to wear, a light outfit, nothing to warm or cool. It was time to head off. You had decided to meet Kagami with his team at the station, you'd be taking the train to the tournament anyway.
"Taiga!" You yelled and waved, as you noticed him close by after you departed your train. Realising he was surrounded by a group of unfamiliar people made the intensity of your anxiety increase the closer you got to them, but you had to overcome this or you wouldn't be able to have fun today.

You were introduced to the team, they were a kind bunch and made you feel welcome. The walk to the tournament was enjoyable, you walked beside Kagami the whole time and couldn't help but to reveal a few embarrassing childhood stories to his classmates. You and Kagami fell behind the group slightly as you were struggling to keep up with his long strides.
"Geez, why are you so tall Taiga. You make it hard for me to keep up with you." He just chuckled at your whining, that was one thing he could definitely say he didn't miss.

"How about I give you a piggyback then?" He suggested.
"Huh." You though you misheard him, until he repeated himself. Your mind went blank for a while before you started laughing. It must have been a joke, you didn't believe that he was serious. Though the serious expression on his face led you to believe otherwise as you stopped laughing.
"You can't be serio- Hey, hey! Kagami stop, I'm too heavy and your going to drop me!" You yelled frantically as he resorted to hauling you on his back anyway, the team was laughing uncontrollably at the scene unfolding before them. You had never had a piggyback ride before, as you were too self conscious- but it was actually exciting as much as it was scary.
"Wow, is this how it feels to be tall? Sorry about this Taiga, you can put me down, really."
"Just be quiet." You ended up resting your head on his shoulder after a while of walking, and you could have sworn you felt heat radiating off of Kagami's face.

Not much later you had arrived. You hopped off Kagami's back and went to thank him, but he kept averting his gaze with a flushed face. You were beginning to worry that you really had been too heavy and made him over exert himself, so much so that his face had become red. Once you had left to converse with some of Kagami's team, you over heard Kagami and the guy that rarely spoke.
"You like her, huh?" Teased Kuroko.
"Shut up, Tetsuya!" Kagami exclaimed, causing you to blush to yourself this time.

As the team were strategising for the match, you noticed a familiar head of purple hair and his black haired companion.
"Hey, Murasakibara, Tatsuya!" You yelled to catch their attention.
"Hi (L/n)chin, want a Pocky?" Offered Murasakibara holding out a box to you. You took a few and thanked him.
"Wow, Murasakibara never shares sweets with anybody. Not even me." Chuckled Himuro.
"I just wanted to thank (l/n)chin for the other day. Geez." Murasakibara pouted slightly.
"He must like you a lot to do that (y/n)." You began to blush, and just before Murasakibara was about to ask what was said Himuro cut him off again.
"So what are you doing here (l/n)?"
"Oh, I came here with my friend from America. He moved here a while back. I don't know if you know him, he's called Kagami and he goes to Seirin High."

"Kagami Taiga?" Himuro asked, shocked.
"Yeah, you know him t-" just as you were responding, Kagami cut you off. He seemed just as shocked as Himuro did just seconds ago.
"Tatsuya." Kagami was unusually hostile. You had never really seen him like this before.
"Taiga." Himuro responded with equal malice.
"Sorry (l/n), but we were just leaving." Himuro and Murasakibara were just about to leave, until Kagami had started to taunt Murasakibara into playing. Despite the hostile atmosphere, you couldn't quite contain your laughter at how similar Murasakibara's and Kagami's childish personalities were.

The two teams battled it out on the court, the game was truly mesmerising and full of passion.
"Wow, you guys were so great. The atmosphere was so epic and intense." You raved about how great the match was between the two teams was, and didn't neglect to congratulate both teams.
"Murasakibara, you were so cool. I can't believe you can jump so high. You too Taiga. Your height really does come in handy sometimes." The boys were both smitten, they didn't realise how much your praise motivated them.
"Ne~ (l/n)chin, come home with us. I don't want to leave you with this Bakagami." You laughed at this new insult, it suited Kagami and you had to remember to use it yourself sometime.
"Sorry Murasakibara, but I'll see you at school on Monday. Don't worry. Bye now." You waved goodbye to the boys, not missing the sly wink Himuro sent you as he dealt with Murasakibara's complaints on the way to the exit. You were reminded of the words he told you earlier, and you blushed to yourself.

"Wow, I really don't like that guy." Now was Kagami's turn to complain, but before you could respond it started to heavily pour down all of a sudden. Quickly, the team said their goodbyes and made their way home, while you and Kagami were left under a nearby shelter shivering as a result of the sudden drop in temperature. You raked your mind for ideas on what you were going to do now to get home in this weather, you didn't have the money to catch a bus to the train station and it was getting dark quickly.

"Hey, (y/n) do you want to stay over at my place tonight?" You contemplated, but realising you had no choice you agreed, making sure to text Mana and let her know.

"Sure, thanks a lot Taiga. I appreciate it."

[EDITED 2/11/18]