Chapter 5 • Jealousy

Since school had started you had made a few friends; you had become particularly close with one of them and her name was Minami Ochida. (If you're like me you'd wait until you'd known them for a long time before you could call them your best friend) You could even consider her your best friend. Both of you even had a lot of trust in each other but although you trusted her and she trusted you you never expected her to tell you that she liked your friend this early in your friendship. She liked Murasakibara.

"Oh (y/n) what should I do? Should I tell him that I like him?" Hinami panicked whilst you were eating your lunch which consisted of a healthy bento, water and your emergency packet of Pocky. What you really wanted to tell her was that she should give up on her feelings for him and that he's yours, but you knew he wasn't and instead opted for a kinder approach.
"Here, take my Pocky. Murasakibara loves pocky, besides I wasn't going to eat them anyway." Even though you knew damn well that you were going to eat them.
"Are you sure?" She asked unsure.
"Yeah, oh and here's an idea stick a letter of your confession on it." You suggested.
"Great idea, thanks (y/n)!"
"No problem." You muttered with the best fake smile you could muster as she skipped away. 'Minami is a very pretty girl so he will probably fall for her and accept her feelings.'

After school you went home and tried being productive but after you tried that it failed and you gave up. 'What if I start exercising or go on a diet maybe he'll like me then.' But then you realised there was no hope as you were already eating a bag of crisps. 'Or... He might like me for me? No, maybe not.'

You did your usual morning routine and set off to school but you soon realised that Minami wasn't at school today. You wondered what had happened and asked one of your friends that just replied with "I think she got rejected."
Just a little of you was happy at this thought but you knew you shouldn't be and immediately started feeling guilty, so you went round to her house after school to see how she was feeling. "Oh I'm fine don't worry about me (y/n). Plus he said that he had someone else he cared for deeply, he must really love that person because I swear I saw his eyes light up for a split second."
'Oh, I wonder who this person is?' *sigh*

Please don't forget to vote, comment and follow me if you want (⌒▽⌒)