Chapter 10 • Surprise [EDITED]

I felt uneasy being around Atsushi at school.
I wouldn't talk to him, I didn't give him sweets, I tried to avoid him. No words were said after we did it and when I woke he wasn't there. Although, even after the situation, he still wanted to hang out with me and asked me for sweets frequently through out the day. Himuro even asked me if I was alright and if Murasakibara had done anything wrong. After that I decided it would be best to go home early pretending to feel ill.

When I got home I flipped on my bed and thoughts of Kagami infiltrated my mind. I was wondering how he was and if we would still be awkward with each other; surely not because I wouldn't want to ruin our friendship for the sake of what happened between us. I texted him after school had ended and we decided to meet at this new café, because we went to Maji Burger to often. However I was most shocked when he said he had a surprise for me.

I woke up to the irritating screeching of my alarm. Many thoughts passed through my mind as I got ready to meet him, like what we would be doing and what would the surprise be?

I was waiting for Taiga inside and I had already ordered myself a drink but to my pleasant surprise it tasted really good. I noticed the guy with bright red hair and eyes that was as tall as the door frame as soon as he walked in, and waved. We were sat with drinks and food inside a small booth by the window when it began to rain. Then I heard Taiga let out a groan of frustration.
"What's wrong?" I questioned.
"I was planning on exploring Japan with you but I wasn't expecting it to rain." He seemed lost on what to do as he tried to think of a new idea quickly; then an idea popped into my head.
"I know, it's been so long since we've hung out properly and watched movies like we used to so why don't we do that at your place."
"Oh yeah, sure!" He replied enthusiastically though his voice changed when he finished with "although I'm still a little disappointed because I wanted to take you somewhere special while we explored."
"It's fine, really." I reassured while flashing him a small smile and noticed a small blush appear on his cheeks, as well as the fact that this was kind of turning into a date.

We laughed and joked around as we went from local sweet shops to large supermarkets hunting down the perfect foods for our movie night. I won't deny that I had fun, but there was a small feeling of giddiness developing inside me as I began to feel like we were actually on a date.

We got back to his apartment soon after and collapsed on his sofa reminiscing the previous moments shopping while giggling uncontrollably. When the laughter died down he spoke
"Oh yeah I almost forgot about that surprise." He began fumbling through the stuff in his pocket, not forgetting the pile of left over burger wrappers. He pulled out a box and it had a Pandora bracelet in it that had a heart charm on it and a ring charm matching the one on his necklace.
"Oh my God! Taiga how did you afford this, these are so expensive?! Thank you so much!" I exclaimed as I pounced on him to give him a hug. Though I pushed him down a bit to hard because when I pulled away he was below me.

I stayed above him and we just stared into each others eyes. His red orbs burning my (colour) ones as I leaned in. Our lips connected and we shared a sweet kiss before moving apart.
"Hey, uh, why don't you just stay over for tonight." He asked with a slight stutter and blush.
"Sure." I replied and we ended up spending the rest of the night watching movies and chatting before I fell asleep on him.
"Good night (y/n)."

Hope you enjoyed sorry for the slow updates (ω)