14: Awkward

Daves POV:

We all sat on the floor in a circle, beginning to exchange gifts to each other. John went first, then Jade, than Rose then me.

I first opened Dirks present, which was a smuppet with sunglasses. It was red. I quickly dropped it

He chuckled, "Your welcome."

"You ass." I grumbled. Next was John's, Jade's, and Rose's, who all pitched in and got me a new turntable.

"Oh sweet! Thanks so much guys!" I grinned and hugged them all.

"No problem Dave!" John smiled them whispered, "I was gonna prank you and get you a pink one with glitter, but Y'know.. No homo."

"Oh no no no, John.." I put my arm around him, and looked up to the ceiling. "All of the homo..."

We both laughed and settled down.
Karkat got me cologne. "YOU SMELL LIKE SHIT, YOU SHOULD TRY THAT FOR A CHANGE."

Aradia and Tavros got me some video games.

Next was Sollux.

I smiled at him. He looked away slightly but turned back to watch my facial expression.
My eyes widened. "Holy shit.."

Sollux laughed, "Do you liike iit?"

"Dude... I've been wanting these for so long! I FUCKING LOVE IT!" I hugged him tightly. His slender arms wrapped around me, giving a tight embrace back. Since no one was looking, I licked his neck.
He squealed and covered where I licked with his hand. His whole face was yellow.

I tilted my shades a bit, winking at him.
"Thank you."

Nepeta got me a fucking kitten onsie. Hell yeah I am using this forever. Onsies are the shit, especially ones like kittens.

Kanaya hand made me sweaters and a red scarf. Cool.

I was going to grab Terezi's gift next but she took it. "UHHH.. 1 JUST R34L1Z3D TH4T 1 WR4PP3D TH3
WRONG TH1NG!"

"BUT TEREZI, I WAS WITH YOU WHEN YOU WRAPPED YOUR GIFTS. YOU MADE SURE THEY WERE ALL RIGHT!"

"UH.. H3H3..  UH.." She growled at Karkat. "UM, D4V3S 1SNT R1GHT! BUG 1 H4V3 SOM3TH1NG 3LS3!" She took the box and took off her glasses.

I looked at her and- "Holy shit!"

"Terezi? Did You Get Eye Surgery To Regain Your Sight?" Kanaya asked.

Terezi nodded, "H3H, Y34H.. 1TS W31RD S331NG YOU GUYS FROM 4FT3R SO LONG! 3SP3C14LLY TH3S3 TWO!" She pointed at Eridan and Karkat.

"Hey! Wwhat the hell is that suppose to mean?!"
"YEAH!"

"W3LL 3R1D4N 1S ST1LL.... 3R1D4N, BUT H3S HOTT3R TH4N B3FOR3."

Eridan blushed and hid under his cape. Feferi and Nepeta giggled and started to tease him.

"4ND K4RKL3S, 1 4LW4YS KN3W YOU W3R3 SHORT, BUT NOT TH1S SHORT!" She cackled with a laugh.

Eridan and Karkat sat together in the corner, in embarrassment.

Okay I don't see how HER eyesight is really a gift.. But.. Okay????

Sollux's POV:

After everyone opened gifts, Terezi pulled me away from the crowd. She pushed me down the hallway and into a room. She locked the door and glared at me, crossing her arms.

"Uh-"
"WH4T TH3 H3LL?!"

"Uh.. What?"

"TH3 PR3S3NT YOU GOT FOR D4V3! 1 GOT H1M TH4T!"

"You diid? Why diidnt you ju2t giive iit to hiim then?"

She sighed and leaned back against the door. "WOW YOUR3 4N 1D1OT. 1T WOULD H4V3 B33N.. 3R.. 4WKW4RD?"

"Well.." I nodded. She was right. "Maybe a liittle."

"LOOK. 1 KNOW YOU 4ND D4V3 H4V3 SOM3TH1NG GO1NG ON 4ND 1 H4V3 NO CLU3 WH3R3 TH3 H3LL YOU C4M3 FROM! BUT 1 4M GO1NG TO W1N D4V3 B4CK. SO YOU B3TT3R L34V3 H1M 4LON3."

I put my hands up in defense. "Hey, calm the fuck down. We aren't anythiing and you can't tell me two do anythiing. II don't want any trouble."

"1 DONT W4NT 4MY TROUBL3 31TH3R, BUT 1 KNOW YOUR3 GO1NG TO B3 TH3 C4US3 OF SOM3 V3RY SOON! 4ND DONT G1V3 M3 TH4T BULLSH1T OF YOU 4ND H1M NOT B31NG 4NYTH1NG. 1 S4W YOU TWO K1SS 4T TH3 1C3 SK4T1NG R1NK. 1 H4D MY S1GHT B4CK 4LR34DY."

Shit. Think of something..

"Look, II don't know what you 2aw, but that wa2 ju2t a one tiime thiing. II don't liike hiim liike that-"
"1 COULD SM3LL 4 L14R 4 M1L3 4W4Y WH3N 1 W4S BL1ND.. TH3R3S NO D1FF3R3NC3 NOW.. ST4Y 4W4Y FROM H1M, OR YOU'LL R3GR3T 1T."

I stepped closer to her and squinted, laughing quietly, "Are you tryiing to threaten me?"

"TH4T D3P3NDS ON WH3TH3R OR NOT YOU'R3 GO1NG TO ST4Y 4W4Y FROM H1M.."

"Liike II 2aiid.." I put my hand on the doorknob. "You. Can't. Make. Me."

She smirked, "TH3N 1TS 4 THR34T.." She moved my hand and opened the door, "TH1S CONV3RS4T1ON N3V3R H4PP3N3D.. 4ND W3 DONT M3NT1ON TH1S TO D4V3. H3 WOULDNT B3L13V3 YOU 1F YOU TR13D TO T3LL H1M.."

I walked out, "IIm not 2tupiid.."
I left her and walked back out into the living room, Dave grabbed my wrist and pulled me over to John and Karkat.

"Where were you?"

"Uh.. Waiitiing for the bathroom."

"YOU KNOW THERES ANOTHER ONE UPSTAIRS, RIGHT?" Karkat said, smirking.

"Oh.. Well II know that now. Uh.. John, why ii2 your arm around hiim?"

John had his arm around Karkats waist. They both flushed and stepped away from each other.

"Oh my god, are you two dating?!" Dave nearly shouted.

"NO!" They both protested.
"UH.. WELL.."

"Haha, no homo my ass!" Dave laughed at John.

John pushed him. "Hey! I'm not a homosexual! I could be another sexuality too you known! Um.. E-Even if we were dating? what's the problem?! Karkats hot!"

Karkats eyes widened and stared at John.
"Uh.. I-I'm gonna go get a drink!" John absconded to the kitchen.

Well.. This is an awkward evening..