19: JUST1C3

Daves POV:

"Sollux! Why are there pancakes on the fucking ceiling?!"

"II wa2 tryiing to fliip them wiithout the 2patula!!"

"Oh my god.." I shook my head and pulled out an apple juice bottle from the fridge. "You better clean it up."

"II wiill!" He walks out of the hallway in one of my shirts, and boxers. He sits at the table, playing a game on my laptop. "Ju2t not riight now. II'm tryiing to beat Undyne!"

"In Undertale?"

He nods. I look over and see that he's still on the pacifist one. "Dude. You're supposed to just go into Hotland. You don't actually fight her."

He freezes. "Are you fuckiing kiidding me?! IIve been tryiing to beat her for three hours!!!"

I laughed and pressed a kiss to his cheek. "Aw, it's okay. I got stuck on her too. Just keep fleeing until she passes out in Hotland."

He nodded and did as told. I looked to see the characters name.
'Papyru'

"Pft, oh my god.."

"What?" He looked at me.

"You named your human Papyru?"

"Yeah! II wa2 onliine, and II looked up Undertale. II wa2 looking at all the po22iible name2 becau2e KK 2aiid there wa2 'FUNNY SHIT' iin thii2 game for the name2. II already knew about the 2keletons 2o II liiked iit! "

"You are too much.." I smiled.

There was a soft knock at the door.
"I'll get it." I set down my apple juice and walked over to the door.
I opened the door, only to be met with a gun.

My hands immediately flew up.
The police came in with their guns pointed.

The police saw him at the table.

"Solluxander Captor! Put your hands up!" A cop yelled

Sollux looked over and his eyes widened. He put them up.
The rushed over and pushed him down to the table, forcing his hands behind his back so they could cuff him.
"Hey! Watch iit!" He hissed.

"T4K3 1T 34SY BOYS.." Terezi walked in, smirking.

"Terezi? What the hell are you doing here?!" I furrowed my eyebrows. She only grinned as she walked over to Sollux.

"SOLLUX C4PTOR, YOU 4RE UND3R 4RR3ST FOR YOUR V4R1OUS CR1M3S OF 1LL3GAL H4CK1NG 4ND ROBB3RY TO OV3R TW3NTY B4NKS. YOU H4V3 TH3 R1GHT TO R3M41N S1L3NT. 4NYTH1NG YOU S4Y W1LL B3 H3LD 4G41NST YOU 1N 4 COURT OF L4W. YOU H4V3 TH3 R1GHT TO 4 L4WY3R, BUT 1F YOU C4NNOT 4FFORD ONE, A LAWYER C4N B3 PROV1D3D FOR YOU."

Sollux looked at me.
I looked back, worried. "Terezi, what the hell is going on?!"

"SOLLUX H3R3 1S TH3 CR1M1N4L 1'V3 B33N GO1NG ON 4BOUT. H3'S H34D1NG DOWNTOWN."

"Hell no-"

"Dave.. 2top.. You can 2top coveriing for me now.."

"COV3R1NG?" Terezi turned back to him.

Sollux sighed as he was pulled up and pushed forward. "Ye2.. II techniically took Dave a2 a ho2tage.. II threatened hiim to cover for me, 2o that2 why II made hiim 'pretend' to be iin a relatiion2hiip wiith me.. IIt wa2 all to cover me up.."

"W3LL W3LL W3LL.." She smiled. "LOOKS L1K3 D4V3 DO3SNT H4V3 TO B3 CH4RG3D FOR H3LP1NG. W3 H4V3 4 CONF3SS1ON, 4ND SOM3TH1NG MOR3 TO HOLD 4G41NST YOU! T4K3 H1M OUT BOYS!"

They dragged Sollux out of the apartment. I ran, following them out to the police car in front.
The shoved Sollux into the back of the car. Sollux stared at me, tears in his eyes as they shut the door.

I was so confused. Why the hell did he say that??!

The cars drove away after a while, leaving me with Terezi.

"WOW. LOOKS L1K3 1 S4V3D YOUR 4SS. FOR 4 MOM3NT, 1 THOUGHT YOU 4CTU4LLY-"

"Please leave.." I clenched my fists, staring down at the ground.

She stars at me. "W3LL.. TH3Y'R3 GO1NG TO COM3 B4CK TOMORROW TO QU3ST1ON YOU.. ST4Y 4L3RT!"
She left.

I sighed and went back inside, pulling out my cellphone. I called everyone.

~•~

"Why did you do it..?" I looked at him. Orange was not a good color on Sollux.

"Do what?" He chuckled.

"You know what the hell Im talking about.. On the day you were arrested.."

"...to protect you." He smiled.

I glanced away, and looked back at him from the other side of the window. I put my hand up against it. He did the same. "They won't tell me how long you're in here for.. They're so stubborn. I just wanna know when my bee is gonna get out so we can-"

"Um..." Sollux looked down. "Dave.. You 2hould.. Move on.."

"What?"

"IIm 2pendiing a lot of tiime iin here.. A LOT of tiime.. Year2.. By the tiime II get out, you'll be older and want to liive your liife.. IIf you Waiit, iitd ju2t hold you back from meetiing other peop-"

"No. Don't say that!"

"IIt2 the truth!! Dave, II want you two be happy! You have to move on!! IIm goiing to be here for a long time!!"

"No! I'm not going to! You can't make me!"

"Dave, you're beiing 2tubborn.. Ju2t liive your liife for me, okay? II love you Dave 2triider."

"Captor. Times up." The warden walked up behind him. Sollux put down the phone before I could even say anything. He put Sollux back in cuffs and they took him away.

".......love you too.." I mumbled, hanging up the phone.

That's what he was doing.. Protecting me.. I'm such an idiot..

I sighed and walked back to the entrance of the prison, signing out.

The officer at the desk laughed. "Y'know it's weird.." She looked at me. "Never have I seen a victim come to visit the one who did the crime.."

"Well.. In that time, we got kinda personal with stuff.. I kinda grew a liking to him.. But I was still terrified.." I lied.

"Hm. Odd." She smiled.

"Yeah.. Odd.." I walked out and mumbled under my breath, "I won't forget you.."

I left the prison, never coming back after that visit..