18: Evidence

Terezi's POV:

"UGH! 1 KNOW  1M R1GHT! 1 JUST N33D PROOF!" I paced around the room. "1T H4S TO B3 SOLLUX!"

"Pyrope, relaaaaaaaax." Vriska laid back on my bean bag. "If it was Sollux, wouldn't you think the Striders would have turned him in? It can't 8e him."

"1 KNOW 1TS H1M! 1 JUST N33D PROOF! 1 C4NT GO TO TH3 POL1C3 OR MY MOTH3R Y3T.. 1 N33D TO F1GUR3 TH1S OUT ON MY OWN.."

"Soooooooo why am I here?" She groaned.

"1 DONT 4CTU4LLY KNOW? COMP4NY 1 GU3SS?"

"Wow.."

"SP34K1NG OF STR1D3RS.. M4YB3 1 SHOULD P4Y TH3M 4 V1S1T 4ND S3CR3TLY DO SOM3 D1GG1NG!"

"Hey! Now you're thinkin' Pyrope!" Vriska grinned. "Keep using that 8rain of yours for good use! That's one way to search without a warrant."

"W4NN4 COM3 W1TH?"

"I thought you'd neeeeeeeever ask!" She smirked and stood.
We both quickly left to the Strider household.

The atmosphere seemed different when we approached the door. I knocked and waited for an answer.
Dirk opened the door. "What do you two want?"

"W3'D L1K3 TO SP34K TO D4V3 4ND SOLLUX."

"Why?" He raised an eyebrow.

"8ecause." Vriska crossed her arms.

"I wasn't asking you, Serket." He groaned. "And it doesn't really matter though, because they're not here."

"WH3R3 D1D TH3Y GO?"

"They m-...." He stopped and hesitated.

"TH3Y WH4T?"

"They... Went to the movies.. Yeah, the movies!" Dirk nodded, "Dave wanted to see some action movie but didn't wanna go alone so he took Sollux."

"WH4T MOV13?"

"Does it matter?"

"Y3S."

"I dunno the title." He shrugged.
"Why do you even want them?"

"M1ND 1F W3 4SK YOU SOM3 QU3ST1ONS?"

"Gee, thanks for answering mine.." He stepped aside and pulled back the door to allow us entrance. "Come in I guess.. I don't know what the fuck you want from me though.."

"VR1SK4, M1ND F1LL1NG H1M 1N? 1 N33D TO US3 TH3 R3STROOM." I lied and started walking towards the hallway.

"No pro8lem.."

I could hear them talking as I walked down the hallway.
I opened the door to Dave's bedroom.
Shockingly, there was absolutely nothing inside except for scattered trash on the floor.
Movies huh? I guess that's a lie..

In the other door, which I never been in before, was fairly clean.
The bed was made, the drawer top had some picture frames. Some empty, some with photos. 
I walked in and examined them, seeing the three Striders in one photo.

I opened the drawers to look for something, anything.

There was nothing...
Until I reached the last drawer.

I pulled out a towel, that was folded up.
It was badly folded, and a small piece of a dark greenish cloth was sticking out from in between.
I unfolded the towel, to reveal a sweater.

A gas mask on the front in the shape of a skull, some yellow stains on it, and a hole.. One that could easily be spotted as a bullet hole.
Must be Sollux's..

I pulled out a folded up ziploc bag from my pocket and stuffed the sweater inside.
I walked back out to the two of them, holding the sweater behind my back.

"That's insane.. Sollux isn't the guy the police are looking for."

"Oh please! He fits the description perfectly! I wouldn't 8e surprised if he is! I mean, come on! Some random troll appears outa' nowhere right when that happened?? It fits the 8ill perfectly, Strider."

"Ha, sure it does.."

"OH 1T DO3S.." I smirked. "4ND QU1CK QU3ST1ON.. WH3R3 1S 3V3RYTH1NG 1N WH4T US3D TO B3 D4V3S ROOM?"

"Uh.. He got rid of everything for money.. He sleeps in our extra room now.. Nice to know you went snooping.."

"OH? SO 1F H3 L1V3S 1N TH4T 3XTR4 ROOM? WHY W4S TH1S TH3 ONLY TH1NG FOUND 1N TH3 DR4W3RS?" I threw down the sweater in front of him. "4ND WH3R3 DO3S SOLLUX SL33P TH3N? WH3R3 4R3 H1S B3LONG1NGS..?"

"......." Dirk was silent.

"WH3R3 4R3 TH3Y? HOW D1D YOU 3V3N M33T SOLLUX? HM? D1D H3 THR34T3N TO K1LL YOU OR D4V3
1F YOU TWO R3FUS3D H1M 4 S4NCTU4RY?"

"No."

"D1D H3 BR1B3 YOU?"

"He didn't because he's not the guy you're looking for."

"WHY 4R3 YOU PROT3CT1NG 4 CR1M1N4L?"

"I-I'm not!" He stuttered.
My interrogation is working perfectly. I can see Vriska smirking, seeing that he's cracking little by little with the question.

Good thing I brought her along..
The audio recorder in her pocket can capture everything..

"SO WHY 1S H3 H3R3? 4 CR1M1N4L 1S TH3 3X4CT TYP3 OF P3RSON WHO K1LL3D YOUR BRO-"

"You leave my fucking Bro out of this conversation.." He growled.

"YOUR BRO WOULDNT W4NT YOU PROT3CT1Ng 4 STR4NG3R..."

"I-"

"Come on Dirk." Vriska chuckled, "Don't want your little 8rother in danger, do you?"

"WH3R3 4R3 TH3Y?"

"I'm not telling you-"

"Do you want to 8e put in jail for this Strider? You AND Dave? Just tell us where they are, and we can prevent you and Dave from that."

"......." Dirk looked off to the side, sighing. "I promised I wouldn't tell yet.." He groaned, "They moved into an apartment together.. But none of this means Sollux is the criminal!"

"OH, ON TH3 CONTR41R3~" I picked up the sweater. "ONC3 1 G3T TH31R 4DR3SS, G3T T3STS DON3 FOR GUNPOWD3R R3S1DU3 ON TH1S SW34T3R, 4ND 4 CONF3SS1ON? SOLLUX 1S DON3 FOR.."

Dirks face went pale.
It was obvious he knew that we knew Sollux was guilty.

"SO T3LL M3 D1RK. 1 PROM1S3 TH1S 1S TH3 L4ST QU3ST1ON.."

"Ugh.."

"HOW LONG H4V3 YOU KNOWN SOLLUX W4S TH3 CR1M1N4L?"

"........Since you told me about it in the group chat..."

Bingo..