Not as i planned (Chapter 5)

I slide down the rope ladder, and landed on the ground gracefully. I adjusted my black finger-less gloves and my bag to stay on my back as i run. I summond my hand to make fire and burnt the rope ladder so no one would know it was running away. The cool thing about my power is that i can gravitate fire to me. So i gravitate the left over fire so no one would think i was trying to burn down the house. (even though thats not a bad idea.) I looked around me to make sure no one was looking and made a run for it, out the gate and into the street.

As soon i was out of the neighbor hood, i took out the map i made of Jump City and all the safe places and tried to figure my way to the train station. Okay, its not that far away. If i take a short cut down THAT street, i should get there in 30 minutes... okay, lets do that. It was starting to get dark and i didn't want to run into any thug through out the way, so i decided it was better to start making my way to train station. Fast.

About 15 mins later, i had jumped into 5 bushes, hid inside 3 shops, to avoid the cops. Because by now, Lisa and Frank and the social worker had to notice i was gone, so wanted to play it safe. I walked a few more blocks and turned the corner to face my short cut, an dark alley way. I knew i shouldn't be walking into that alley way, especially at night, but i was on a schedule and i need to get to the train station in 20 mins and going down this alley way was the only way to get there in time. I looked around me to make sure there were no cops, pulled on my benie and ducked into the alley way.

The alley way was dark and smelly. I can hear the small pattering feet of mice. Disgusting. I walked downnand made a right turn, and came face to face with a big, scary looking man. I gasped because i was not expecting him to be there. I can sense trouble ahead, so i pulled out a small knife i had attached to my arm, ready to use incased i needed to attack.

" Hey there girl. Whats a pretty girl like you walking these streets alone at night?" His breath smelled of smoke and alcohol. He's drunk. He would be easy to take down. Just push a few pressure points to numb him and done! My confident came back as he tried to step towards me. I put my arms up and put my self into a stance to block his arms from coming around me, knocking his arms back to his side. 

"Oh, i see how it is. Playing hard to get huh?" I stepped back ready to fight, but ran into something. An other man. I turned around and he was just as big. And just as drunk. Taking on one guy was easy, but TWO? i turned toward the other man, only to see an other man come from behi cand him. Oh no. Now i'm fucked. No way i could take down two guys, let alone three! Unles...  if i summond a little fire and scare them off... it won't hurt anyone. But even before i could summond the fire. One of the men lunged at me.

I quickly dodged him, making him run into the one of the other men. Then all at once they started attacking. I was dodgeing them left and right, trying to summond fire but i couldn't concentrate. One of them sneaked up behind me, with out me knowing and grabbed me into a hold i couldn't get out of. I started to panic as the two other men began to advance on me to do god knows what. I couldn't scream because i was all choked up. The only think i can do was try to summond fire and scare them away. 

FIRE! COME ON! My heart started to beat faster, i started to feel heat rising from below me and then a sudden burst of light. I had summon way too much fire than i can handle from my panicing. I felt the man holding me, let go and him and the other two make a run for it. If only i could do the same. The fire was getting bigger and bigger and it felt like i was melting away. I fell to my knees and try to stay calm but i couldn't. My vision started to turn red and blurry and everything around look like it was catching fire. My heart was beating so fast, it felt like it was gonna pop right out of my chest. The crackling of the fire was so loud i couldn't even hear my own screams. And i didn't even hear the voice of a boy come from behind me. I laid on the ground, thinking i was gonna burn alive, because i couldn't even control my own powers. This is how it ends... My vision was too blurry for me to see, but i could make out a boy wearing a mask and was maybe yelling for help. A girl also wearing a mask came over and bent to my side. I did not know who those people were, but it didn't matter. I was gonna die either way. The last thing i saw was hands reaching for me before my vision turned black.