An Awkward Talk

Ahsoka

Taking down the club owner had been fun. She and Max had encouraged the club's owner to call the Hutt run law enforcement themselves and also charge themselves.

The two Jedi had then slipped away shortly before the police had arrived.

Maxwell had insisted on highering a crew for the ship on his own and had escorted Ahsoka back to the ship, an unnecessary precaution in Ahsoka's opinion but she had complied. So now she and Shenna were back on board the Spirit in the war room, sitting at the large tactical holographic table. The walls of the room were lined by consoles

"So, what's going on between you and Maxwell?" Shenna asked the Padawan.

Ahsoka froze suddenly feeling caught red-handed for some reason.

"What did you say?" she asked.

The young Twi'lek rolled her eyes. "I might be only fifteen, which by the way is only two years younger than you but I can usually tell when someone has feelings for someone else. You aren't exactly as hard to read as Maxwell is, you know."

Ahsoka's face hardened. "Shenna, I am a Jedi. I do not have romantic feelings. Emotional attachments are forbidden!"

Shenna rested her boots on the top of the plotting table and folded her arms. "Maybe you aren't very good at following the rules than because I can see all the small looks you keep throwing him or the way you tense up when he touches you."

Ahsoka found herself blushing slightly and looked away. "Don't feel too bad about yourself. My big sister had a thing for him too."

Ahsoka jumped at the change in subject, "About that. You never told me how you and Maxwell met?"

Shenna sniggered. 

"What?" Ahsoka demanded.

"On paper and legally both my sister and I are his slaves. That wretched brother of his abducted us while enslaving my entire village and then gave us to his Maxwell. Luckily Maxwell never abused us. I guess Jallia assumed the worst because everybody knows what happens to young female Twi'leks when they end up at the mercy of a war lord. When it turned out that he had no wish to harm me Jallia was very grateful."

Ahsoka's eyes widened. "Are you saying that..."

Shenna laughed. "Yep, she offered and no, he did not take her up on it. I think she really started liking him on Alderaan but...."

"Maxwell," Ahsoka finished. Any normal guy would have taken Jallia up on the offer, everyone except him of course.

Shenna nodded, "I for my part can't complain and the only form of abuse he puts me through is called school."

At this Ahsoka laughed. It made her feel a bit better. At least he hadn't turned into some monster at the time.

"I hope Maxwell brings a full crew on board. I spent the entire time you were away re-calibrating the Hyperspace Accelerator Coils and checking the EM conduits that control the bulkheads," Shenna announced, apparently trying to change the subject herself.

"Well, at least he is bringing a hand full of Mandalorians along."

Shenna was just about to ask what Mandalorians were when the communications console came to life. Shenna jumped up and checked the display.

"We have an open ID tag but no match," she announced.

Ahsoka hesitated. "Put them through."

The holo terminal activated and the transparent image of Yela Bay flickered to life. The Queen of Alderaan faltered and looked guilty when she realized who she was facing. Ahsoka took note of the fact that the Queen looked quite distressed in general and was clutching her swollen stomach so she decided to cut her some slack

"Greetings Ahsoka. How are you doing?" Yela asked.

"Good as new," Ahsoka replied gently.

Yela smiled, "Is Max somewhere close by? I need to talk to him."

Ahsoka pursed her lips, "He isn't available at the moment but I'll tell him that you called. About what do you want to talk to him?"

Yela glanced down at her stomach, "You know. Personal things, I really miss talking to him." Ahsoka felt her anger and the wish to treat the Queen coldly crumble away. If what she had heard was correct Yela had been against the torturing.

"Are you having problems? " Ahsoka offered hesitantly.

The Queen shrugged. "It's kind of stupid actually... basically some of the people on Alderaan don't like me because I'm not human. I know it's only a minority but no matter what I do it's wrong in their opinion and they want my head. I thought Max might have some advice and I miss having him around and I always thought that when this happened he'd... ." she trailed off.

"Sorry, this isn't your problem. I should be capable of dealing with all this myself. Anyway, tell Max that I called."

"Tell me what?" A familiar, deep voice asked. Ahsoka turned around to see Max entering the war room.

A painful knot formed in Ahsoka's chest as she remembered the vision she had two weeks ago. Max had kept her so busy that she hadn't had much time to think about the vision of hers.

She decided to tell him later. "Ahsoka is talking to your sister in law," Shenna informed him.

Max joined Ahsoka at the plotting table and Yela's face lit up.

"Hey there," she greeted her friend.

Ahsoka exchanged a look with Shenna who nodded. "We'll give you some privacy," Ahsoka announced and she and Shenna headed off in the direction of the cockpit.

Just as she left the room Ahsoka made up her mind, she would have to tell Maxwell about her vision, as cruel as it sounded.

Sorry, this is it for now. Please tell me what to do differently or is the story just a hopeless case.
Winter Wolf and Lengendary95 over and out.