A New Plan

I hope all of you enjoy this chapter. I like to entertain.

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances.
The Bard, Shakespeare

Ahsoka Tano

Ahsoka crawled under the covers of her bed and curled up

Ahsoka crawled under the covers of her bed and curled up. Although it hadn't been a bad day she felt stressed out. She didn't have much experience when it came to romance. Before she had become a padawan she had had a little crush on Maxwell. Then later, when she met Anakin she had had a thing for him for a few weeks. Those had been those pesky little girl crushes that were basically meaningless.

Her first real romance had then been Lux Bonteri and there Lux had always taken the initiative. That was until she had officially ended their thing after the Onderon incident. Lux.... Guilt welled up in Ahsoka.

Her behavior was unacceptable for a Jedi. She knew that it was so. Here she was, moping around about how complicated her love life was while one of her friends was in jail.....or even dead.

Ahsoka stared out at the spaceport through the window, wishing they were in Hyperspace. The exotic form of space-time that space ships crossed had always had something hypnotic in Ahsoka's opinion. Perhaps it was the bluish light that came from the intense radiation that formed when the exotic Hyperspace collided with the bubble of normal space that surrounded a ship as it transverses Hyperspace. She didn't know.

The doorbell to her cabin rang shaking the padawan out of the half trance that came along with being lost in thoughts. Ahsoka sighed and got out of bed. She was wearing a set if gray pajamas that she had bought earlier that day.

It would have to do, after all, she spent many years running around wearing much less. Ahsoka had quickly learned the normal people were a lot more awkward than Jedi when it came to their bodies. In the Order she had grown up sharing showers with other younglings. Even as Padawans girls and boys shared a changing room and showers after exercising. How was someone supposed to be able to find peace in the force when they weren't even at peace with their own bodies?

The Padawan left the bedroom and then headed across the living room. When she opened the door she found herself standing face to face with one of her problems.

She didn't meet his eyes. "Ahm hi. What can I do for you?" Ahsoka grunted rubbing her eyes.

"I am planning a rescue mission when we leave Nar Shadaa," The Jedi announced.

Ahsoka stifled a yawn. "Can this wait until tomorrow?"

Max shrugged. "Of course." Then he turned around and started to walk away but Ahsoka grabbed his arm. 

"I'm sorry. Come in."

She turned the lights in and led her mentor into the room. "So, what's this plan of yours. Are we rescuing Lux Bonteri," she asked once they sat down on the couch. Ahsoka hugged her legs to her chest and rested her chin on her knees

Maxwell shook his head, "Unfortionatly not. No, we are going to save Barriss Offee. I just learned that her execution is set for next month."

Ahsoka raised an eyebrow. "We are talking about the same Barriss Offee here? Right? The one who bombed the temple and framed me?"

Her mentor nodded, "That very one."

Ahsoka yawned. "Why are we saving her?" Her mentor raised an eyebrow. 

"Because I believe that while her methods were unacceptable her motivations were pure and given the chance she could do a lot of good."

"You're not joking, right?" 

Max smirked slightly, "No, I'm not. Barriss is being held in a high-security prison on Ido. After you broke out of the central prison on Coruscant officials viewed the facility insufficient to hold a Jedi. A wise choice however on Coruscant it would be a lot harder to break someone out."

She didn't know how she felt about this. She had known deep inside all along that Barriss wasn't inherently evil. Barriss just wasn't an evil person. She was only disillusioned by a long war and a Jedi Order that in her eyes had corrupted its purpose.

Ahsoka sighed, "Okay, I'm in. Does Shenna know?"

Max shook his head, "No, she's asleep. I'm sorry that I dragged you out of bed."

Ahsoka smiled, "It's quite alright. We'll discuss your plan more in the morning."

Yela
The Queen of Alderaan awoke, feeling extremely drowsy. Just when she considered going back to sleep her senses came back to life telling her that something was wrong. The bed was harder than the one she was used to. That and the air around her tasted much too sterile.

Yela forced herself to open her eyes and found herself staring up at the tiled ceiling. "Hey there," a tired and worried voice greeted her. Yela tried to sit up but someone pushed her down on her back. She looked around and saw Alexander sitting next to her bed.

"What happened," Yela groaned.

"You had a fight with a few assassins and got shot. Maxwell's NightOps got to you just in time."

"How long?"

Alexander chuckled. "Two days." Her baby! Panic filled her. 

"How is the-" 

"Don't worry, our little princess is fine. By the time I arrived, you were already in the OR but I healed your scars."

Yela sighed in relief. Her little one was fine.... "What happened?" She asked.

"You can't remember.... ?" Yela groaned and felt Alexander grabbing her hand. "Not really. It's foggy....."

"A group of assassins attacked you and apparently you left quite a mess. Someone who was half a mile away heard the screaming. You ripped someone's throat out?"

Yela stared back at the ceiling. "I was slightly aggravated." Then she heard the king laughing before his lips brushed hers. "Remind me to never get on your bad side."

The door opened and a nurse came in. "Is the Queen already awake?" "That she is."

I know nothing really happened in this chapter. That will change soon. I promise next chapter will be more eventful. Nar Shaddaa has offered all the entertainment it can.
Winter Wolf and Lengendary95 over and out.