Back among friends

Maxwell

Maxwell felt the presence of the hungry darkness disappear the moment the Charger jumped into hyper space. Ironically this didn't make him feel much better. It had been to easy and if he had learned one thing about the madness in the dark side there was no such thing with easy. Sure, it had blinded Ahsoka but that hadn't been a surprise. As securely founded in the light side her lack of experience made blinding her very easy. Despite all her talent and potential she still had much to learn.

"I'm going to go and catch some sleep. If the Separatists attack us......well don't bother waking me," Ahsoka announced and got out of the co pilots seat.

"Sweet dreams," Maxwell replied while running a systems diagnostics on the ships hyper drive.

"Thanks, so are you coming?" Ahsoka asked suggestivly.

He shook his head slightly, "No, I need to take care of a few things first. Go ahead."

"Good night, Maxwell," Then she gave him a quick kiss before leaving the cockpit.

Once the bulkhead was securely sealed behind Ahsoka, Maxwell sat up straighter and pushed aside the doubt he had about his relationship with Ahsoka. Even though he liked Ahsoka and the opposite was definitely the case he knew that for now no to strong feelings were involved. For now it was mostly fun mixed with a healthy dose of attraction. However that would eventually change.

Maxwell hadn't lied when he had said that he had work to do. For a moment Maxwell considered how to proceed. To most Chronology wouldn't matter in a situation like this. Not when there was more than enough time to prepare his next step. However it matter to Maxwell.

Although he had time, an error in a situation like this could have disastrous consequence so everything could matter. Deciding in what order he would complete his tasks before hand also made it easier to find possible flaws and weaknesses in his plans. Of course the effectiveness of such measures was debatable but it made him feel safer, even if it only meant prioritizing one thing over another.

Finally he made up his mind. Regrouping was the most important thing. It was time to be sneaky. The question was if Aayla would remember that trick. It had been five years after all.

Maxwell moved over to the communications console and pinged the main server of the closest relay station. After a few seconds the station sent a ping back. Perhaps it would still work. First he masked his transponder codes ID and artificially created a new random one. Then he initiated a handshake protocol with the stations computers. Curiously enough it worked. A moment later he was logged into a temporary user account. Unfortunately he didn't have any real capabilities yet. However it was enough to transmit a concealed signaled along with the main carrier wave. It wasn't anything complicated, only a sub single at the range of fifteen milli heart.

Hopefully that was enough to wake up her up provided Aayla was looking for it and then traced the single back and opened a channel. Now he needed to wait. Finally, after half an hour the console started beeping. Maxwell grinned softly, the transmission was encrypted.

Maxwell opened the channel and moved back to the pilots seat were the hollo projector started humming. The glowing image of Aayla Secura flicked to life. The Twi'lek smiled when she saw him and her Lekku twitched slightly, the equivalent of a relieved greeting. A normal person wouldn't even have noticed it but Aayla had tought Maxwell how to interpret Lekku long ago and in the past it had proven to be a useful ability.

"Good to see you to Aayla."

She sighed, "So, did you learn anything new?"

Maxwell nodded, "Perhaps but the Intel might not be very reliable. If what I learned is true we might be in for a lot of trouble however this information is to sensitive to send via hollo transmission."