Uncooperative

Alexander

Alexander sat on his throne and rubbed his leg. He had healed his leg wound the moment he calmed down enough to focus. He hadn't gotten around to changing yet. After Yela had ended the fight he had been in the mood to execute Ahsoka Tano on the spot. Who could blame him, Ahsoka had come extremely close to killing him.

Once his rage had blinded him like some wild animal he had lost track of his surroundings and judging by Ahsoka Tano's history and the fact that she was no longer a Jedi, she had been about to put him down. If he had been in her place he would have gone for the kill.

However, Yela had looked so angry that he hadn't argued when she told him to leave. Yela was a pregnant Togruta and that meant mood swings which had turned violent in the past. Once against Hondo who had been cocky with her in the wrong moment and twice against Maxwell who had just been too calm for her taste. Yes, apparently calmness could be misunderstood as a provocation.

Hondo had gotten away with a black eye and Maxell had simply dodged her kicks and blows while holding her a lecture about self-control which hadn't exactly helped calm her down.

Alexander had so far managed to not be the victim of one of his wife's violent moments by being very careful.

Finally, a door behind the throne opened and Yela walked in. She had pulled on her training clothes from yesterday's fight which meant she had already been in bed when the alarm was raised. When Yela walked forward Alex braced himself for a punch that never came. Instead, she kissed her husband on the forehead.

Her eyes were gentle, "Are you alright?"

"Yes, I already healed myself," he grumbled.

Yela sighed and sat down on Alex's lap and leaned against him. "Ahsoka is trapped in a stasis chamber and will be unconscious for a few hours. Lux Bonteri has received medical treatment and is in a holding cell."

Alex looked at his wife uneasily, "You aren't angry with me?"

Yela glanced up at him, "For stopping an intruder in our home? No. I am however a bit frustrated that you lost control like that."

"I have you for those moments," he teased her. They stayed silent for a moment.

"So what did Max say?" he finally asked.

Yela looked confused for a moment then her eyes narrowed. "Do you honestly think that I go running to Max every time something mildly interesting happens in my life."

Alex raises his eyebrow, "Okay, perhaps I do. He is after my designated big brother. No, I haven't told him yet. If I remember correctly it is none of his business. Max will find out eventually and play after the rules if we are lucky. At least to some extent. I don't think he would try to interfere if Ahsoka gets sent to jail or something. You will have to grant him visitation rights though. Something likes twice a week. I don't think he cares about Bonteri," Alex grinned at the hint of dark humor.

Yela got to her feet. "Let's go to bed Alex," then she hesitated.

"You're hungry again. Aren't you?" Alex realized. Yela gave him an apologetic smile. "Yeah kinda. You know...all this excitement."

Alex got to his feet and took his wife's hand. "A snack it is."

As they left the throne room together Alex thought to himself that he should send Yela over to his younger brother. As sad as it sounded Max understood her a lot better than he did. Now with hormones, she was downright unpredictable. How could she choose this one occasion not to be angry about something? Yela was by nature disapproving.