Back To Politics.

Ahsoka

Ahsoka sat in the Co pilot's seat next to Shenna when the Spirit dropped out if Hyperspace. Coruscant appeared in the front windows.

Her mentor was down in the conference room, planning their next moves with Barriss and Bo Katan. It had been a short journey, only two days. They had even managed to repair some of their ship's systems.

After her 'talk' with Max not much had really happened but that was to be expected. They had bigger worries than their love lives at the moment. Minor things like doomsday planing and a small war on a galactic scale. Basically everyday problems.

"Ahsoka, I'm receiving a lot of Alderaanian military transponder signals in the system. Could you take a look at this?"

Confused Ahsoka leaned over and stared at the screen in question. Sure enough, there were hundreds of Alderaanian military transponder signals between those from Civilian shipping, law enforcement, and Republic military.

"What the... " Ahsoka isolated Alderaan's signals and ran them through the data base while triangulating the signals through the orbital communication relays.

Sure enough, the Pride and Grace along with the bulk of Alderaan's fleet was docked at a huge space port or just floating around in orbit.

Ahsoka quickly called Maxwell on her communicator and summoned him to the bridge before setting a course for one of the ground freighter havens were she knew she could bribe someone into forgetting to report that their ship had received battle damage to the authorities.

"What do you think is going on?" Shenna asked. "I don't have the slightest idea."

A few seconds later Maxwell entered the cockpit. "You called me, Ahsoka?"

"Yes, Master. We are picking up what seems to be the bulk of Alderaan's Navy in the system. Could you take a look at this?" Max leaned over Ahsoka's shoulder as he gazed at the monitors who was very aware of the close proximity between them. "It appears that Foster lost a battle. Likely against the Separatists."

"What do you mean?" Max pointed at the image of the Space station that both the Pride, the Grace and over a hundred other ships were docked with.

"That is Jieso Tolland Ship Yard. It's a repair facility run by the Kuat Drives Industries and it is the second largest repair dock in the Galaxy. Judging by where the ships are docked and that they are here at Coruscant it is safe to assume that they weren't recently in a shooting match with the Republic. That leaves only one enemy with the firepower to defeat Alderaan's defenses. Hail the Pride, would you, please? "

Ahsoka rolled her eyes, "Can't say I didn't see that one coming." Nonetheless, she opened an encrypted channel. It took nearly half a minute but then the holographic image of a young dark-skinned woman appeared.

A grin broke across her face when she realized who she was talking to. "Admiral, it's good to see you."

"Hello, Foster. Would you mind explaining why my boat is in dry dock? Did you ruin the paint job again? I always told you that you should let Rodgers do the parking. For real now, what happened?"

The Naval officer folded her hands. "You haven't followed the news. Have you?" 

Max shook his head. "No, I was too busy setting up a crew and my long range communications got knocked out."

Foster raised an eyebrow. "Yes, I heard about that Incident. It appears you need to be briefed. Come on board, the lower hangar bay empty. Standard docking procedures. See you in a minute, Foster out."