Serving The People

I am so tired today. Enjoy yourselves.

Ahsoka

Ahsoka sat down in the briefing rooms front row of seats next to Maxwell and waited for the members of the SID unites and Special Corps to also finally find take their seats. All together they were about one hundred men and women. Fifty were the good old fashioned clones from the Special Corps.

Once everyone was seated Maxwell got up and stepped out onto the podium at the front of the room. "Good evening. I would like to welcome you. Present are members from the Special Corps team 1 and a unit from the Tactical Warfare Unit from the SID. As I understand you have already been briefed in the current situation so you should know that this is a hostage recovery ops, Civilian Hostages. It is estimated that we are talking about around four hundred individuals unless. Holding them are the standard Pirate and slavers and a group of Trandoshians. The latter you should face with extreme caution. The high Court as placed a Kill or Capture order on all members of this group so you are authorized to use deadly force. Remember, the primary directive in this mission is to recover Hostages alive. The Special Corps will be responsible for that part. The Tactical Warfare Unit will serve in a supporting role and will engage any hostile forces that try to mount a resistance. Any questions?"

A young woman from the SID raised her hand, "Separatists have been active in this area. What if they interfere?"

"Don't worry, the Separatists have been informed of the situation and have agreed to a ceasefire in this theater if operations for the time being. They promised not to interfere as long as we allow one of their scout ships to move close to the front line and monitor our activities. The Separatists courts have also accused the Slavers of War Crimes and will intercept any ships that try to flee into Separatist space. Anything else?"

Everyone stayed silent. The Commandos had spent years training for years for these kind if missions. "Very good. Report to the gun boats when on station."

--------------------------------------------------

Maxwell

The LAAT was thrown around by turbulences as they descended through the atmosphere. Maxwell held onto the handhold above him and glanced at Ahsoka who was strapped into the a seat at the front of the crew cabin. She noticed his gaze and smiled at him. It would have to stay at that for now. Public displays of affection weren't exactly tolerated on missions and with then inside the gunship were twenty members of the Special Corps in their white green armor.

Maxwell wasn't exactly sure how he felt about his relationship with Ahsoka. He did like her of course, a lot in fact. He also enjoyed the intimate moments a lot. Maxwell knew that people would talk a lot about their age difference. She was seventeen while he was twenty three, nearly twenty four. However Maxwell had never cared much about what others thought about him and the people that he felt with nowadays didn't really care either.

The real problems in Maxwell's opinion was the less than opportune timing, of course one could argue that the timing would likely never be opportune. His grip on the hand hold he was holding on top tightened as the LAAT was shaken around some more. He glanced at the display over Ahsoka's head.

Altitude: 33000ft -15ft/s

Speed: 300knots

It was a standard decent vector. Maxwell eyes fell on Ahsoka again. He had to admit, she was something.

Alexander was right, the best way to wake up was with a beautiful girl in your arms.

It was probably the amount of life force she had that really attracted him to her. They didn't have many similarities. Age, personality, interests were different. However, Ahsoka had somehow managed to preserve that little spark that made her special despite all she had endured.