12

Ashley

"God, I've had it with this bitch," I screamed in frustration as I slammed the front door of my house.

Maya stood there quietly, mixing away at something on the stove.

A bit startled, she jumped and dropped the wooden spoon.

"Shit," She murmured, bending down to pick up the spoon. After grabbing a new one, her eyes trailed in my direction as I walked towards her.

Going up behind her, I pressed myself into her back and wrapped my arms around her stomach, moving my hands to feel her warm skin under her shirt. I rubbed small circles with the pads of my thumb, causing her to moan delightfully.

"Hi babe," I whispered in her ear, kissing her cheek and placing my chin on her shoulder. "Sorry I scared you."

She laughed quietly and placed one hand over mine.

"It's okay, baby. I thought I would make us dinner. A warm meal is comforting sometimes," She said shyly, adding spices to the sauce she was cooking.

I smiled and turned her around, placing kisses all over her face.

"You angel, I don't deserve you," I said in between my thousand kisses for her, causing her to giggle and push my face away.

"Let me cook! I don't wanna burn the food," She chuckled, shooing me away. I frowned and walked across the counter to sit on a stool. I leaned my body forward, propping my head up with my arm.

Staring at her in admiration, I saw her nose wrinkle up as she added too much pepper to the sauce, the aroma causing her to cringe. I laughed quietly behind my hand, watching her every move and taking in her beautiful presence before me.

"Stop looking at me," She laughed, covering her face with her hands after she placed a lid on the pot.

"I can't. You're too beautiful," I said, winking. Her eyes lit up, turning her lips up into the most adorable smile.

The room was comfortably silent for the next five minutes, with only the sounds of the steam bellowing from the pot and Maya's fingertips tapping against the counter in the room.

"I told you this earlier, but I'm going to do whatever it takes to protect you. This is all my fault and I'm going to fix it," I smiled sadly, looking her right in the eyes.

She let out a quiet laugh, then lowered the flame on the stove.

"Thank you for trying. I don't know what's gonna happen, but you effort really means a lot. I love you."

My heart swelled at her words, my cheeks beginning to heat up.

"I love you so much more," I said, motioning her over to sit on my lap while the food was cooking. She obediently sat sideways on my lap, swinging her legs back and forth.

"Cutie," I laughed, kissing her forehead. She bit her lip to suppress her giant smile and placed her hand on the side of my face, rubbing my cheek with her thumb.

"I can't wait to marry you," She spoke suddenly, using her thumb to trace out my facial features.

"God, I'm just imagining how fucking flawless you're going to look. My angel in white," I boasted, kissing her thumb as it traced my lips.

She replaced her thumb with her lips, tenderly kissing me while holding my face. I moved my hand to the small of her back, supporting her body as she turned to straddle me with her legs at either side of my body.

Her hands tangled themselves in my hair, slowly massaging my scalp. I moaned into her mouth as our tongues collided and the kiss deepened.

"After the wedding, I'm going to make love to you all night," I growled against her lips, moving my hands to grip her hips.

She whimpered against my lips and pushed her body even closer to mine. At this point, not even a thin piece of paper could be placed between us.

"The sauce," She said, pulling away breathlessly. Large clouds of steam and the aroma of burnt tomatoes lingered in the kitchen, causing her to quickly hop off my lap and run for the stove.

She opened the lid, watching as the steam embraced her face.

"Ashley, look what you did," She pouted teasingly.

"Me?" I laughed, smirking. "You were too busy locking lips with me, baby."

She stuck her tongue out and mixed the sauce, looking down at it.

"It should still be edible, though. I don't think I burned it that bad," She shrugged, pouring it over the bowl of noodles.

"If I get food poisoning today, you know why," I joked, making a fake look of disgust towards the food. I hopped off the counter, sauntering over to her and kissing her cheek again.

"I'm just messing with you, babe. Thank you for this," I smiled, putting portions for each of us and taking them over to the couch. She trailed behind me, glasses of white wine in her hands.

Huddling her body close to mine, we sat in silence and peacefully ate our food, occasionally taking breaks to sip on our wine.

"I wanna make out with you so badly, but my breath probably smells like garlic," She laughed, placing her bowl down on the table and laughing.

I smirked and finished the remainder of my food, doing the same as her.

"Stay away from me, stinky ass," I joked, moving to the other end of the couch.

She gasped and crawled over to me, straddling me once again.

"Thought you could escape from me?" She teased, putting her arms around my neck.

I frowned and nodded my head, causing the cutest laugh to escape from her lips. She lowered her head before staring into my eyes and placed the lightest kiss on my neck.

"You look so cool when you're reading me," I sang, brushing a portion of her hair behind her ear.

"You look so cool when I'm eating you out," She winked, causing me to break out into a fit of laughter.

"Oh yeah? How about we try that out again? You know, to remind you of how cool I look," I smirked, beginning to slide off my pants.

Just as I did so, a bang came from the front of the house. Sounds of glass scattering filled the room, causing me to let out a loud gasp.