20

A/N:
attached is a short little video of Ashley and Maya that I made! feel free to watch it :) enjoy this chapter babes

Ashley

"Do you guys have something with an open back? And a low cut front?" I asked, skimming through the racks of clean cut, beautifully embellished wedding dresses. The different materials of each dress tickled my fingertips as the beads and lace brushed against them.

"Babe, I'm practically gonna be naked," Maya laughed, giving me the "are you serious" look.

I shrugged, looking up at the lady for an answer. She rolled her eyes and led us to the section of the store labelled Open Dresses.

"Look through these racks. If you can't find anything, feel free to call me again," The worker explained quickly, returning to her place at the storefront.

"She was checking you out so hard," I laughed, teasing Maya. "She's so bitter that I'm marrying you."

I pulled Maya into my side, attacking her face with kisses and hearing her laughter ring through my ears. She pushed me away, giving me a jokingly stern look.

"We're never gonna find dresses if you keep fooling around," Maya said, running her eyes over the dresses before us. She pulled out a few, but disapprovingly put them down after seeing the price tag.

"Babe, don't worry about it. I'm getting you whatever your heart desires. Don't even bother looking at the price tags," I told her, causing her to pout.

"I feel bad, though. You don't need to spend all that money on me. We still have to pay a load of money for the actual wedding itself."

I rolled my eyes and picked up at least five dresses, placing them in Maya's hands.

"Do me a favor. Go try all of these on. I'll be waiting outside the fitting room for you. Go," I shoved her away, pecking her lips before sending her off. She looked at me hesitantly, but soon followed my orders.

I made my way to the front of the store, trying to find the worker who was assisting us earlier. My eyes trailed along all the gowns, veils, shoes, and jewelry in the store. The lights bounced off the jewelry, illuminating them and making them glisten from every angle. I was mesmerized at everything around me, and it finally hit me that I was actually getting married.

When I was a child, I would put my mother's white dresses on, wearing her heels that were too big for my tiny feet and strutting around the house like I owned the place. Her pearls adorned my neck, her bright red lipstick sloppily painted onto my lips.

"Mommy, I'm a pretty bride!" I would squeal, tugging on her pants as she worked in the kitchen.

"Ashley," She gasped, seeing me fully clothed in her belongings. "Where did you find all this stuff?" She picked my minuscule body up, hoisting me onto the counter and placing a kiss on the top of my head. She laughed at my attempt at applying lipstick, cleaning off the edges with her thumb.

"I went in your closet," I smiled, one of my front teeth missing. "I'm gonna get married just like you and daddy."

"One day, Ashley. You'll be the prettiest bride," My mom smiled, smoothing out my hair.

"Am I going to marry a girl or boy, mommy?" I asked innocently, furrowing my eyebrows. She gasped slightly, not expecting such a question.

"Whoever you want, baby girl. Whether it's a boy or a girl, I hope they make you happy. Your time will come, love," She smiled lovingly, adjusting the pearl necklace around my neck.

My memories now ended as I reached the worker, seeing her tap her long, red nails against the front desk.

"May I help you?" She asked, flipping the pages of her magazine.

"Can I ask you for a huge favor? Would you be able to close the fitting room off for just my fiancée and I? I'll pay," I pleaded, slipping a hundred dollar bill before her.

She bit her lip, contemplating my offer as she stared down the hundred-dollar bill. After her brief thought, she nodded her head and took the money off the counter, shoving it in her pocket.

"Thank you," I smiled gratefully, running back to the fitting room. I closed the door at the entrance, locking it. We now had the entire room to ourselves. Perfect

"Babe?" Maya called out, sticking her head out the door and looking side to side for me.

"I'm here," I smiled, walking before her fitting room and taking a seat at the chair directly across from it.

"Oh, good. I thought you had left me," She laughed. "I called your name and you weren't here so I got really worried."

I frowned, replying, "I didn't leave, but guess what I did? I got this entire dressing for us," Winking, I smiled cheesily. She gasped and covered her mouth with her hand.

"How?"

"It's a secret," I teased, blowing her a kiss. "Are you done trying on this dress?"

She nodded her head excitedly and bit her lip, sliding the door open to reveal dress number one. My jaw dropped as she stood before me, the shimmering material of the dress shining brightly under the lights. She twirled around, giving me the perfect view of her exposed back. It was a deep cut, stopping just before her butt. Her golden skin looked so smooth and supple, begging me to go over there and feel every inch of it.

The front was beautiful, the sweetheart neckline defining her bust. The beading was intricate and neat, giving off a sophisticated look. I didn't notice I had been staring for so long until she cleared her throat and brought me back to reality.

"You like it?" She asked nervously, straightening out the sides of the dress. I tried to answer, but I was at a loss for words.

"This is the one," I spoke breathlessly, staring her up and down once more. She hid her big grin with a lip bite, pushing her hair back and exposing her chest to me.

I stood up, approaching her slowly. I gripped her waist, my fingers on the slick material of the dress. Her breathing increased, her chest rising evidently. My hands moved to the back, running my fingertips against her smooth skin. They stopped right at the end of the cut-out, massaging the skin of her lower back.

"You're a fucking angel," I muttered, lowering my head to kiss her collarbones. "I love you. I love you. I love you," I repeated after every kiss I left on her chest.

"You make me feel beautiful," Maya admitted, her eyes becoming glossy with tears. "Thank you."

I put my hands at both sides of her face, staring straight into her eyes.

"Then I'm doing something right in my life. My beautiful, sweet, baby. You deserve the world, and I'm sorry that I can't give you all of it."

The tears slowly rolled down her cheeks, and she let out a sad laugh as she whimpered. I wiped her tears with my thumb and placed the sweetest kiss on her forehead.

"I love you," was all she could say before I had her pinned up against the wall of the dressing room, my lips littering her body with kisses.