14

Ashley

"Yeah, we were just sitting on the couch and we heard this loud noise. I immediately went to see what it was," I explained to the police officer.

Since I felt that I couldn't deal with this situation on my own, I had contacted the police to help me out.

I sent Maya out in the morning, giving her my credit card and telling her to buy whatever her heart desired. Of course she declined the offer, but my persuasion got the best of her. It was better for her to be out of the house when the police came by. I had to deal with this problem on my own, and I didn't want her to worry about it at all.

"And what did you see when you arrived?" The bald man asked, flipping to a new page of his notepad and continuing to jot down some notes.

"Glass everywhere," I shuddered, biting my lip.

He nodded his head and continued questioning me.

"What was the cause of it?" He asked curiously, walking closer to the broken window the examine it. Pulling out his phone, he took a picture of the jagged window as a source of evidence.

I walked over to the counter, grabbing the cold, rough rock and handed it to the officer. He rotated the rock a few times, examining it. The note was still attached to it, so he pulled it off and read every word.

"You said that someone has been threatening you, correct? Who?"

I gulped before he took a picture of the note and the rock, handing it back to me.

"This girl named Sky. Sky Robinson," I answered quickly, goosebumps rising on my arms as I heard myself say her name.

"Is there any reason as to why she would be threatening you? Do you hold a bad history with her?"

Nodding my head hesitantly, he urged me to elaborate.

"I cheated on my fiancée with her. This was before I proposed to her, of course. I was drunk and I didn't know what I was doing," I said, my voice cracking. "Immediately, I turned down every request she had to be with me. I told her I wouldn't choose her over Maya. My fiancée. She won't leave me alone, officer."

He frowned, scribbling down the notes quickly.

"I'm sorry, Miss Frangipane," He sympathized. "How long have the threats been going on?"

I paused to think, scratching the back of my neck.

"Around a week and a half or so?" I said, my statement coming out as a question. "I'm not completely sure."

"On the note, it was signed with the letters S and J. Since we know that S could be Sky, would you happen to know who J is?"

All of a sudden, it came to me. My eyes widened and I let out a gasp.

"Joe," I whispered, feeling the vein in my neck pop out from anger.

"Sorry, who?" He asked, unable to hear me.

"Joe," I said shakily. "Joe Myers."

"And has there been any interactions with Joe Myers?"

I nodded my head, feeling the blood swiftly rushing through my veins.

"He's obsessed with my fiancée. He still thinks he has a chance with her, and he has been threatening to break us up from the beginning of our relationship. No one will fucking leave us alone," I said angrily, rubbing my hand over my face.

The police nodded, closing his notepad and putting it in his back pocket.

"Very well, Miss Frangipane. The investigation will begin as soon as possible, and we will contact you when it does," He said, reaching his hand out to shake mine. "In the mean time, stay safe. Try not to leave the house in case of further attacks. Stay alert and aware, and report any signs or suspicions you may have. Oh, and we will contact a window repair man to fix all damages. The charges are covered by the police department."