Chapter 1: Kill The Imperial Arms

"So which one do you want kid?"

The old man asks me while rubbing his own chin and while he carefully placed several different shinkis onto the large wooden table in front of him.

I was now in the Kusaa village's hall of sacred treasures and ancient imperial arms.

This is the place where all imperial arms found and created went after the revolutionary war. I know it's hard to believe but nowadays whoever is willing to pay enough money can get their hands on one of the many weapons located within this old building.

The name's Blakk Silver and I'm planning to join Night Raid.

I swore my village that I would bring back the balance and order in the land, so naturally... I became an assassin.

My parents died five years ago when an imperial General was sent out to eliminate them for supposedly betraying the Empire.

After their passing I was raised by the people in my village and my older brother Akaizo. My brother was never really there for me, he was always busy hunting danger beasts and training his body.

One day he simply left the village and headed to the Capital without giving anyone an explanation.

Years down the road he joined Night Raid and is now fighting for the rebellion.

Almost five years later here I am following in his footsteps.

"Hello?!" The old man asks trying to get my attention "We Kind of got a rebellion to plan here kid so if you can be any slower that'd be great..."

He continues to complain.

Heh Nice sarcasm though.

Best not to trouble him any longer.

"Errr can I just have a quick description of these shinkis?"

I ask.

"Whatever floats your boat kid...there's an axe capable of cutting through anything, a flaming sword that can create storms of fire, angelic wings that shoot out deadly projectiles, the extracted blood of the Excursio dragon...and err--look kid just pick one, already."

"..."

"Well If I had to choose I'd go with this...Excursio!"

I say out loud excited to finally get my hands on a shinki.

For a moment the old man stared at me completely bewildered and rubbing his eyes. Finally and with a sigh he broke the silence and spoke his mind.

"Okay kid, but I'm warning you this one's a doozy the first time it comes in. People who've tried it have either ended up dead or have gone insane...so are you sure?"

Eager and naive me suddenly took over

"Yes! Yes! Yeah whatever let's do this!!! If nobody has ever managed to do it then that means it must be a super powerful sacred treasure!"

"..."

The old man looks at me worried.

"Ok...here drink this..."

The old geezer remarked as he gave me the clay jar that contained the extract of class Z danger beast...Excursio.

I asked no questions, I simply drank the black liquid inside in one gulp with no idea of what awaited me next.

Pain.

Uncontrollable pain.