Chapter 12: Legacy

Once long ago, when the first revolutionary war had ended with the death of the ice queen known as Esdeath, a nameless god came into this world. With his immense power he fought as best he could to change the corrupted world he found himself in, but ultimately he perished at the hands of one who shall not be named for that name is hidden by history and mythical tales.

From the corpse of this nameless God powerful weapons were created and used to cause godly levels of chaos and destruction. Due to his limitless nature and amazing power, the nameless god was remembered by the title of EX, which basically stood for Excursio the God of creation. This title was later inherited by one of the many shinkis created using this God's power.

Ironically enough EX reincarnated in the form of the boy named Blakk Silver and through sheer luck found his way to the shinki Excursio. The boy's fated war against corruption then unfolded leading to a decisive victory against emperor Yato once he remembered his true identity.

But this hardly matters now does it? All of this happened so long ago...almost a decade now.

---

Snow fell ever so gently onto the imperial capital, only now passing crowds of tourists and visitors alongside satisfied vendors populated the place. Walking amongst this never-ending wave of people was a man all too familiar to this world, with his black winter attire keeping him warn the familiar stranger walked towards the palace, his face covered by a hood.

The patron saint of the capital- Blakk Silver. After nine years serving under the new empress and having saved the capital once in the past, his mere presence would cause a large commotion with fans trying to get his attention. Keeping himself hidden away from the public was something neccesary now that he had accepted to join a new group under the rule of the empress "It seems that the more things change, the more they stay the same." Blakk commented under his breathe as his sapphire blue eyes gave of a low level radiance from behind his black hood, a side effect of having both the Grand chariot and Incursio infused into the Excursio. With his gaze now locked onto the large imperial palace, the legendary adventurer heads towards it.

Alone he walked along the tourist filled streets till the palace gates finally came into view. Not bothering to make his way through security, Blakk simply vanished from sight into his phantom zone and reappeared in front of the wooden door that led to the royal bedroom. Naturally the black haired assassin reached for the door's handle, but his progress is halted by the voice of someone unfamiliar to him "I'm not sure I approve your decision of staying here." A young voice that carried centuries of maturity and experience spoke up from beyond the wooden door.

Silence fell for a minute as Blakk pondered if he should enter the room or not, that silence however was soon broken by an all too familiar voice belonging to a young woman "You're not exactly a father of the year now are you? Blakk may not be the brightest or strongest out there, but at least he is responsible when it comes to following orders and completing missions." It's not every day that one gets the opportunity to hear the empress openly criticizing her husband. In response all Blakk could was take a step back as his heart skipped a beat at Ginme's comment.

Finally mustering up some courage, Blakk quickly bursts into the room only to be confronted by three very distinct figures, one of which was the gorgeous silver haired empress, Ginme.

Standing tall above the two female figures beside him, was a tall man with a slender yet muscular frame. He wore a sleeveless black assassin uniform with red outlines next to it's edges and the kanji of courage stamped on the upper right end of the suit. No presence or pressure emanated from the man, almost as if he had no chi whatsoever. In fact if wasn't for his fearsome red eyes and confident smile, Blakk would've thought of him as just another common individual. Standing to the red-eyed man's left was a curvaceous female figure of shorter stature, but nonetheless she was still taller than Blakk by a few inches.