The First Moment

Imagine if...

During the summer, I realized I liked Troy. I daren't say a thing, but I was pretty bad at hiding it. It was obvious after a while and everyone knew.

Troy knew too, and thought it was cute, and he liked that I admired him in that way :) So he wanted to make me happy and the thought of me liking him changed the way he treated me, whether he liked me back or not.

So he did treat me differently after all. He smiled at me in that funny, but cute way that tingled inside of me. He took me to the beach with a couple friends and had us boycott them completely and we walked together and talked. Everything he said made me laugh a bit, I tried to hide it but he liked that I obviously couldn't do it. He took my hand and showed me some cool tricks you can do with your hands just to let me experience the feeling of him gently holding my hand in his, as he rubbed the back of my hand lightly, but acting as if he weren't doing anything.

We climbed up the grassy hill and laid down in it and counted the clouds. When I messed up, he'd tickle me not too hard, but not too soft, but just enough for me to giggle a bit. He would point at something on the other side of me, then drop his hand across my bare stomach in my pink flower bikini and pretend like nothing had changed. Except everything had. My insides were getting tingly and I couldn't help but hold a smile on my face.

I daren't look at him directly, until I saw him looking at me, smiling and laughing lightly. Then I'd turn to him and smile too. That happened too often.

We slept in a tent in the backyard together. Both wearing childish onesie pyjamas in separate sleeping bags, facing one another with our attention dug into our phones. Then I'd look up and suddenly started laughing quietly when he noticed, he'd smile and do the same. That night, we both set our phones down and stared at one another for a short few seconds, and suddenly, he pulled me close up to his chest and held me there, tightly, for a while. I smiled, and breathed heavily to let all my shocked air out. He felt me my warm breath on his chest and hugged me tighter for a second. Then he let go and looked at me. "Again?" I smiled. He laughed and pulled me back in again. I smiled, laughed, but didn't really breathe. Troy asked me if I was okay. "Sorta." I let out. "Oh, I'm sorry!" he apologized letting me go. "No no! It's not you." I claimed. "Well it is" I took back, he looked at me funny, "but not in a bad way." I added. He finally caught my intention and stroked my hair after holding me close again. Then I passed out into a deep, peaceful sleep.