Chapter 12

I chased Codi up and down the street for over an hour. I’m sure the people we passed probably thought we were some deranged maniacs or something. I came close to catching him a few times but lost him over by the park somewhere. I just gave up and made my way home. Once I walked in the front door I found him passed out on the couch and Allie was on the recliner looking amused. She told me how she was sitting here wondering where we were and Codi came stumbling in panting and found her on the recliner. He has given her a big smile and told her she was beautiful and then promptly fell on the couch and passed out cold. I need revenge for my Snickers… I’m sure I can come up with something. Maybe Allie has a bright idea?

“Hey Shorty I want revenge for my sugar stash, any suggestions?” I sat down on the arm of the recliner careful not to squish her.

She flashed me a devilish grin. “I’ve got bright red lipstick in my purse and neon pink nail polish, I’m sure we can put it to good use.”

“I can understand the lipstick but why the hell do you have nail polish in your purse?”

“Um because you never know when you might chip the paint on your nails and need to touch it up silly boy. And of course so I can paint sleeping boys’ toenails and fingernails.” She giggled digging around in her huge black purse to find what we needed.

**

After about half an hour of working hard we were finally finished with our artwork. Codi had not made a peep the whole time we were giving him a makeover. All that sugar really knocked him out good. Allie and I painted his finger nails neon pink and with the lipstick we drew hearts and stars and wrote odd random words all over his face, neck and arms. Allie then decided to pull out her phone and take quite a few pictures of him and she posted them up on Facebook…Poor dude is definitely going to get made fun of. Serves him right though, no one messes with my Snickers and gets away with it!

“Oh Cayden I think he’s waking up! Toss me my phone so I can snap some pics of his face when he realizes what we did.” She giggled quietly.

I tossed her the small black phone that was sitting on the coffee table just as Codi sat up and wiped a hand across his face. “What’s going on guys?” He asked his voice heavy with sleep.

“Oh not much, just got done doing a makeover.” I chuckled.

“That’s cool. On who?” He asked just as he caught the flash of pink on his nails. “Oh you did not! What the hell Cayden?” He yelled.

“Paybacks a bitch bro.”

“Sorry Codi. Cayden talked me into it.” Allie smiled angelically. Of course leave it up to here to try and pin it on me and act like I talked her into it so she can stay on his good side.

“I bet he did.” Codi muttered as he made his way down the hall and to the bathroom. He’s going to have fun getting all the lipstick off. But he’s stuck with pink nails since I don’t have nail polish remover. I’m definitely not a girl so there’s ain’t no way I’d have it in my house. Sucker.

“Hey Allie, once I get out of the shower wanna ditch the loser and grab a bite to eat? That way we can get to know each other.” Codi shouted from the bathroom.

“Sure.” She replied. Turning to me with worry written all over her face she said, “Are you going to be ok Pretty Boy?”

“Of course I will. You two go and have some fun. It’s the whole reason he is here. I’m sure you two will get along great. I’ll find something to do.” I forced out a smile. I didn’t really have anything to do but sit around and watch TV. Maybe I could find something to do to get out of the house or I can go eat by myself. How sad is that?