Epilogue

Two years later:

I can’t believe today is the day. I have never been this nervous before in my whole life. Not even when I had to face thousands of fans for the first time. But just picturing my girlfriend’s beautiful face gives me the strength I need.

Gabriella and I have been happily dating for two years now. It’s been absolutely perfect. We have had our fair share of fights over the years, mainly over stupid things but we would always forgive each other not long after the fight. With the help of Allie and Gabby I was able to get into school and I am now going to Uni full time for Architecture. I only have another two years left to go and I will be graduating. Gabriella is still going to Uni along with me and she still works at the bookstore.

She was so excited when her boss told her that he was going to turn over the business to her once she graduates and she will be the proud owner of Ye Old Bookstore. I still remember the smile that lit up her face when she walked into the front door and announce the good news.

I had sold my house in LA and we had picked out a small apartment together within walking distance of the University and her work. I still have the house back in Culver City which is where we spend our breaks and summers visiting with her parents and our friends. Allie is also now in LA with Codi and they have been happily married for a year and they are expecting a little boy, Kayden Lee Hall. Of course they decided to name the baby after his godfather and it was also their thank you to me for helping them find each other.

My phone buzzing in my back pocket made me set done the paint brush I was holding. Trying to be careful and not get the white paint all over my phone I answered. “Hello?”

“You better be ready pretty boy. I’m about to snatch up Gabriella and bring her there. It’s hot and baby Kayden is wiggling all over the place.” Allie mumbled through the phone. She is definitely not a happy camper today.

“I’m ready. Just finishing up the painting.”

“Good. See you in about ten.” She replied before she hung up.

Throwing the paint brush into the bucket I put the lid back on the can of paint and grabbed up the plastic sheet and took everything outside.

Soon after Allie pulled up with a blind folded Gabriella. I began to get really nervous and hoped that my hard work over the last year brought happiness to her.

Allie led Gabriella through the white gate and up the walkway. She transferred Gabby’s hand into mine and I couldn’t help but feel at ease once I intertwined my fingers with hers.

“What’s going on?” Gabriella muttered.

“Close your eyes and I’m going to take off the blind fold in just a second.” I said as I gave the all clear to everyone who was crowded in the door way of the house. Kyrie, Codi, Taylor, Lucas, Bradin and Cecilia all shuffled out and stood around Gabriella and me.

“Ok I’m taking it off now but keep your eyes closed Angel.” I said as I untied the blindfold and shoved it in my back pocket. I got down on one knee and pulled out the little black box that I’ve been carrying for weeks. “Ok open them.”

Gabriella opened her eyes and they widened as she saw the sparkle of the ring I held out in front of her. Then she looked around at everyone her eyes bulging even more and then she finally looked up and took in the house before her and that’s when her jaw dropped. “Cay…wha?”

“Gabriella, for the last year I have built this home from scratch with the help of my friends in my class. Everything in this house was designed with you in mind. And I hope that you will do me the honor of becoming my wife and helping me to make this home our home and raise a family in it. So Gabriella Jailyn Smith, will you marry me and help me have my fairytale ending?” I smiled as I took her hand in mine.

“You….you built this?” She mumbled as she took in the yellow and white house.

“Yeah I did.” I replied. “Don’t leave me hanging here Angel.”

“Oh...sorry! I’m just so…so...oh what the hell, yes Cayden yes!” She replied as she threw her arms around me.

I pulled back and slipped the ring on her finger. All of our friends took the chance to congratulate us. After the excitement had died down I pulled her in the front door to show her our new home where we would happily spend the rest of our life living our own fairytale.