Chapter 6

We sat on the bench. It was a moment of silence.

"So.." I cut the silence.

"Hannah, I'm not sure if you'd like to know.."

"Kevin, I need to know"

"But.."

"Kevin, please tell me"

"Hannah, I really can't.."

"KEVIN, I need to know the truth, someday I'll know it, you know"

"You'll be hurt, and I hate to see you hurt"

"I'd rather be hurt than live my whole life in a big lie" I said as I started crying a little, he pulled me closer and I cried in his chest.

I love Kevin he's like my big brother. He always protects me and I feel so safe with him. He kissed my forehead and said "Fine.."

He took a deep breath and then he started talking

"Hannah, Joe killed a guy."

"W..w..w..w..what?" I stuttered.

"Like you heard, I don't know details, but something happened between them so Joe killed the guy. He said it was by accident but I can't guarantee that, when I knew we had a huge fight and I told him I'd tell you, but he told me that I shouldn't, at first I was so insisted to tell you but when he told me that it'd hurt you I couldn't accept the fact that you were going to be hurt due to my foolish little brother stupid acts, sorry, Hannah, I know you probably hate him now, but he really loved you, and I think you hate me too, and you have all the right to, but please don't blame me, I love you, I couldn't help" he said very quickly.

"K..k..e.." I mumbled.

"Hannah, Joe killed him at 'your place'"

"I'm sorry." he said and stood up to leave I guess.

I couldn't take it, this was too much to handle, J..Joe killed a guy, but why? Why?

And he killed him at 'our place'.. Why Joe? Why?! What else did he do? Ha? what else??

Tears started streaming down my face.

"I'm sorry Hannah please forgive me, I won't show you my face ever again, I..I'll just leave." he said sadly, he turned around and started walking away.