Two's a Crowd

Meanwhile, King Roland II is strolling down the hallways looking at the paintings, flowers, statues, and suits of armor he could see. "I guess I should go and see how Miranda is doing outside," he told himself.

Suddenly, Amber showed up and said, "Daddy, I need to talk to you."

"What can I do for you, sweetie?" Roland asked.

"How could you give Sofia the best amulet in the entire kingdom?" Amber asked.

"Well, I don't know if it's the best," Roland chuckled.

"It's the best, and I want one just like it," Amber insisted.

"Oh, I'm sorry, but it's one of a kind," Roland apologized.

"Okay, then I want an amulet that is even more special than one of a kind," Amber demanded.

"But you already have so many lovely necklaces, Amber," Roland said.

Suddenly, Baileywick showed up and said, "Ah, King Roland, there you are. I really need to speak to you about something important."

"Okay," Roland said. He turned to Amber and said, "I'm sorry, Amber, but I have to go."

"But I didn't get what I wanted yet," Amber protested.

"We'll talk more later, I promise," Roland promised as he walked away.

"It's not fair!" Amber pouted. "Sofia gets a magical amulet, and I get a magical nothing."

Amber was really jealous of Sofia now—she didn't understand why Sofia always got something she doesn't have.

A little later, Sofia was packing her suitcase for a sleepover.

"Are you almost ready for your sleepover, Princess Sofia?" Violet the maid asked.

"Yes, I just need my new flying derby uniform," Sofia said.

"Here it is," said Violet. She held up a blue flying derby uniform.

"Thank you, Violet," Sofia said.

Just as Sofia put her uniform in her suitcase, Baileywick came in and said, "Princess Sofia, your parents need you and Amber in the parlor. They said it's important."

Sofia was astounded—she really hoped Amber didn't tell them about her amulet because she refused to let her wear it.

Both the sisters were in the parlor, and they were very unhappy. Amber was hoping Sofia would be in trouble for not sharing her amulet with her.

"Girls, I'm afraid this may affect both of you," Miranda said.

Roland turned to Amber and said, "Amber, I'm afraid your plans with Princesses Hildegard and Clio have been cancelled."

"Why?" Amber asked.

"Hildegard is unable to host the sleepover tonight," Roland said.

"We won't be here tonight because we'll be in Galdiz, so you can't be here in the castle alone," Miranda continued. "Aunt Tilly can't babysit because she's sick, so you'll have to join Sofia on her sleepover with Prince Hugo tonight."

Both the sisters were dismayed—especially Sofia.