The Missing Amulet/The Sepia Butterflies

Meanwhile, Hugo and Axel had already gotten up and changed clothes.

"I wonder where Amber is," said Hugo.

"Probably having breakfast already," Axel said. "We'll let Sofia sleep in a little longer."

Both brothers quietly left their room to let Sofia sleep.

A few minutes later, Clover, who accompanied Sofia, came out.

"Rise and shine, Princess," Clover said. "It's breakfast time!"

Clover imitated the revelry call, but he didn't wake Sofia up. He tried again, but no success.

"Come on, Sof," Clover said. "It's not like you can't hear me."

But when Sofia turned over, Clover saw that her amulet was gone. Without her amulet, Sofia can't talk to animals.

"Your amulet is missing!" Clover realized. "You can't hear me."

Since Clover couldn't talk to Sofia to wake her up, there was only one way to wake her up. Clover jumped on Sofia's chest and nuzzled her cheek.

"Sofia," Clover said.

Feeling the bunny fur touching her cheek, Sofia woke up. "Good morning, Clover," she yawned.

Clover pointed to Sofia's chest, and Sofia could only hear him sniffing.

"What is it?" Sofia asked. "I can't understand you."

Clover pointed to Sofia's chest again and put his paws on his own chest to show her that her amulet was gone.

When Sofia looked down, she saw that her amulet was gone. "My amulet!" she gasped. "But I didn't take it off."

Sofia turned and saw the empty pillow, and she knew what that meant. "Amber! I should've known!" she groaned.

After changing into her new flying derby uniform, Sofia came out and saw Axel chasing after Arthur's sepia butterflies.

"Axel, have you seen Amber?" Sofia asked.

"No, but I really have to worry about these strange butterflies right now, Sofia," Axel said. "Everything they land on turns sepia."

"What's sepia?" Sofia asked.

"It's like black and white, but in a brownish tone," said Axel. "I don't know where they came from, but we need to catch them before they turn the whole palace sepia."

"I'd like to help, but I really need to find Amber," Sofia said.

Sofia dashed off to find Amber and ran past Hugo. "Good morning, Hugo," she said.

"Hello, where's the fire?" Hugo asked. Before he knew it, he saw some of the butterflies flying around. "What are butterflies doing in the palace?" he asked.

"Hugo, we really need to catch these butterflies," Axel said.

"Why?" Hugo asked.

Before Axel could answer, the butterflies turn a suit of armor sepia.

"That's why," Axel said. "If we don't stop them, they'll turn the whole palace sepia."