C7: Her Song

*Mgk's POV*

I was in the studio, letting off any stress. I needed something new, something fresh. I put in a random mixtape with just my music. I put on my headphones and hit the play button. I let my mind clear completely. As I got into the music I hit the record button and on a steady beat, I began to rap.

"I'm just out here chasing my dreams girl
But it's crazy cause that dream cost me my dream girl
Promise you I wouldn't change before I left
Now I think leaving is the one thing I regret
Cause the one thing I possess
It wasn't materials, wasn't checks, wasn't cars, wasn't clothes, or any part of success
It was you,
And without that in my life I'm depressed,
You became the new drug I couldn't get
And every time you came over I was on some shit, either too fucked up, or bitching about how you dress
Even though I remember when you would lay with me when I ain't have a bed,
Buy me food and come wake me up with some head
You had me like a Dread locked down
But I wouldn't show it, instead got on that bus and left you blowing in the wind
Shit and it's fucked up cause every girl I'm with I see your face
Now summers here and I'm sitting outside your place singing this shit" 

I kept quite went back and listened for the track. Which sounded great. 

I grabbed a pen and a notepad and wrote from my heart. The mushy stuff.  

 I had never felt like this. Felt like I needed someone.

 I wrote down the sweet melodies as they played in my head.

 I took a few sips from my water and sit it back down. 

Hitting the play button, I began to rap again and soon, I had a whole song.

 It was getting late and I figured the guys wouldn't come in, but they usually do.

I see the door open and a few people walk in. 

"Let's hear what you got," Sean said.

 I put on my headphones and the music began to play. I tapped my foot to the beat of the music, then the words left my lips. 

The small cold thing in my chest had a weird feeling in it. Everything around me felt slightly different. I finished the song and took a drink of my water.

 Ignoring everyone and everything. I felt the cold water run through my body and I let out a shiver. I put the water bottle down and moved towards the door.

 I opened the door and everything was quite. All the guys stared at me. 

"What?" I asked them, smirking at how dumb they looked. 

"Whats this called?" Chris asked. 

"I don't know." I say. 

"How did you even?" Steve asked. 

"Well, I was just thinking and my emotions got the best of me and I don't know man..." I said, totally frustrated. 

"Well, this is the beginning of the next mixtape. Let's get to work." Steve replied. 

Chris' eyes were glued to his phone screen and he would occasionally chuckle. 

He never texts.

 Unless it was serious and if it was why would he be laughing. I would ask him later about it. 

"What's this called?" his words echoed in my mind as I walked into the studio. 

Her Song