Bonus Chapter Part 1: Just For The Night

I'm not sure where this fits chronologically in the story and it's not directly related to the plot but I thought it'd be fun to add it in, so here. It ended up being a lot longer than I'd originally anticipated, so I had to separate it into two parts.

I've also hit a massive block for writing, so I guess this is a bribe for some more time ;)

Anyhoo, I hope you enjoy it!

~*~

❝You were the song stuck in my head

Every song that I've ever loved

Played again and again and again

And you can get what you want but it's never enough❞ -- Fall Out Boy

"Doing anything fun tonight?" Ella asked, top coating her toenails.

"Nope. You got any fun ideas?" I grinned, steadying my hand to dab a hopefully pink heart like object on my thumb nail. "Movie marathon? If we're feeling really adventurous, we can go bake some cupcakes!"

"Yes!" She exclaimed. "How about horror movies? We did chick flicks last time. I can bring popcorn, and you supply the movies, as usual. Except maybe this time, don't have our parents in the kitchen talking."

"Oh yeah, definitely," I laughed. Last year, we'd attempted a movie marathon, but with the adults laughing and talking in the kitchen, we could hardly envision ourselves being swept away by some hot guys.

My phone buzzed, shifting slightly back and forth along the floor. Damn it, the paint on my fingernails was still drying. I saw the name flash up on the screen - more like a bunch of bunny rabbit emojis.

"Who the heck is this?" Ella asked, holding my phone up.

"Hunter," I replied reluctantly. She raised an eyebrow. "The last thing I need is my mum asking me why there are boys' phone numbers on my phone, okay? Stop judging," I laughed.

"Whatever you say," she sang, sliding the answer button across.

"Hello?" I called out.

"Hey Cathy, you down for a party tonight?" He asked. What do I say? I mouthed to Ella. Yes! She mouthed back furiously.

"Uh, sure."

"Invite Ella too, yeah? Wouldn't want Dean being all grumpy."

"Oi, shut up!" I heard Dean shout in the background. Hunter simply laughed and I looked over to see Ella blushing like mad. I poked my tongue out at her and she returned it with a lovely snarl.

"Okay, Dean's getting annoyed. We'll pick you guys up tonight at seven?"

I looked at Ella to double check she was okay with it. She nodded. "Alright," I said.

Last time we'd gone to the party, everyone had been wearing jeans and a shirt - as far as I could remember, I was the only one wearing a skirt. Luckily, both Ella and I were already in jeans and a shirt. I had my signature dark blue skinny jeans and grey shirt while Ella had her black skinny jeans and oversized white turtle neck sweater.

I opened my drawer and pulled out my makeup bag, although it was more like a tiny pencil case. Pimples were dotted across my forehead, especially along my hair line. That was what stress and lack of sleep did to my face.