18.

*Zayn's POV*

It was 5 in the morning when my phone start vibrating. I groaned feeling around for it. I just answered it holding it up to my ear.

"Why am I looking at your ear Zayn." Niall said loudly on the phone.

"Babe don't be so loud." I groaned in the phone and dragged the phone in front of me.

"I wish I could punch you." He said blushing.

"Is that the reason you called? It's 5 in the morning?" I said.

"Oh I forgot." He said.

"It's only been 2 months." I said rubbing my eyes.

"I know. I'm sorry. But I wanted to tell you something." He said.

"Yes Niall." I said.

"I have a girlfriend." He said and like that I was more woke than ever.

"What?" I asked him sitting up.

I put him on pause and mute o I could sort out my feelings for a second. What? I don't-. And now I think I understand what Marcel was talking about. About maybe the one that got away... But I didn't want to start something while I was away because of course I started to think about it it's been engraved in my mind and now this happens. Goodness why can't I have happiness just once. Once is all I ask.

"Zayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyn." Niall yelled on the phone and I took him off pause and mute.

I lied. "Sorry my dad came in and I had to turn you down and put you on pause."

"Oh okay. That's fine. But did you hear me?" He asked me.

"Yeah you said you had a girlfriend." I said.

"You don't seem too happy for me." He said.

"I am. I'm just tired. But congratulations." I said.

"Thank you. We went on a date tonight. It was so strange because I've never taken a girl on a date." He said.

"Oh. So where'd you go?" I asked.

"Nandos. I asked my mom for some money. She found it cute I was going on my very first date. So she kind of loaded me." He said.

"Oh." I said. "So you asked for her to be your girlfriend tonight?" I asked.

"Yeah. She just smiled and leaned in to kiss me." He said.

"Oh well. That's great. Who is it?" I asked.

I'm just hurting myself with every question I ask.

"Allison." He said simply.

Why would she even talk to him. She actually has morals. But I guess Niall didn't just promise her sex and a headache.

"Oh cool." I said and looked out the clear sliding doors at the sun coming up.

"Well Niall I would love to ask more about the date but I'm very tired." I said.

"Go to sleep. I need to sleep myself. Goodnight." He said.

"Night Niall." I said and he looked at me sadly before I hung up.

I put my phone back on charge and curled myself up in a ball.

I don't even feel like moving. It shouldn't even hurt this bad. It shouldn't have ever gotten this far. My feelings for him. Who knew?