19.

*Zayn's POV*

I laid in bed looking up at my ceiling. I sighed turning on my side to look out my balcony. I was raining and the sky was grey and the trees were swaying. Shitty day for my shitty mood.

My phone rung and I answered. "Zayn. I've been trying to get in contact with you for a week now. I thought something happened to you." Niall said looking at me sadly.

"Sorry. I've had a few things on my mind." I said.

"Zayn talk to me." He said.

"I like someone, a lot." I said.

"Okay." He said nodding.

"And they can't be mines. And it hurts." I said.

"Aww Zayn. I'm so sorry." He said.

"Well yeah. That's what's been happening for the last week. I've been trying to figure this all out. How to be happy for that person. How to not react the way I'd do when I see them together. When they finally introduce me to there significant other. Just trying to diminish all feelings that I have towards this person." I said.

"Don't fight your feelings Zayn. At least tell them how you feel." He said.

"Everything would be awkward. Everything would change. It's better if I didn't." I said.

"Or they will understand." Niall said.

"You don't understand." I said and a tear fell from my eye.

"Then make me understand Zayn." He said

"I can't." I said and wiped my eye. "I have to go."

"No Zayn. Just tell me how you would tell that person. Practice on me." He said and I sighed.

"Okay." I said and cleared my throat.

"I've liked your for a while now. And I didn't know till someone talked some sense into me. But I like you and I should have said something sooner because now you have someone that makes you happy. And I honestly wanted to be that person. I try to be happy for you but it hurts so much on the inside. So much. And while I'm discovering myself I see that I'm actually a very emotional person when it comes time to be. And so that's why I'm hurting so bad. I only like you but my heart feels like it's breaking." I said and wiped my eyes again.

"Or maybe I don't just like you. I've never had this feeling before because I've never interacted with another person like I have you. So maybe it's love. I don't know maybe it's not. But is love thinking about a person everyday because I do think about you everyday. Is love looking for you in everybody. Is love never forgetting how you make me laugh or smile or even blush. Whatever the hell it is I think I maybe love you, or just like you, and a slight bit lust you." I said finishing.

"That was beautiful Zayn." Niall said.

"Yeah well it's all true. All of it. And maybe I'll actually say it to them one day." I said.

"They'll appreciate it." He said smiling.

"I hope so." I said.

"Oh god. Allison is calling right now." He said.

"Because you don't get to see her everyday. Niall I'm 5,437 miles away from you. You can't tell her 'I'll text you later'" I said.

"Yeah I guess you're right. I just have been calling you all week and now that I do have a hold to you, you don't want me to get off the phone with you. It sounds like I'm on your time don't you think?" He asked.