Chapter 10: Apologies

Bella's POV

I've been running for a while now, but what's creepy is that I saw these men following me. How could they be so fast and how did they know where am I?! I am glad I grabbed some black scarf on my way, but that's only enough to cover my head not dress. Suddenly, I am on the floor. Yay, I just tripped. Shaking nervously, I didn't know what to do and got really afraid.

If the reason all of these men is logical, I wouldn't mind it. I mean, how stupid could these people get seriously! They are chasing a girl because she chose her freedom and she is wise?

They don't appreciate women at all. They don't know that without the females, they wouldn't have families or kids, without females there is no love and affection to be spread, without females no man will be taken care of, hell, even he won't be ever happy. They are the basis of each generation that teach, take care of, clean, cook, worry. Doesn't this beautiful creature deserves some freedom? A female gives everything she has, why doesn't she get what she wants?

I shook my head, trying to get rid of the ideas because it's not the time for this. Plus, no matter how long I'll talk about this point they won't get the meaning. It's just useless. I shot up and continued running searching for a spot to hide in, that's until I found a mosque right in front of me. I ran there quickly, and got in. Because they know I'm not a Muslim, they won't search for me in this mosque. Or so I wish.

Zayn's POV

I was sitting in front of some mosque in the city, Zaidan sitting right next to me.

"So tonight is the engagement?" I asked, working really hard on holding my tears back.

"Yeah. Can you believe that our sister, Doniya, is getting enaged tonight?" He cheered.

The truth is I was really emotional and I couldn't believe this was happening. I can't believe one of my sisters is getting engaged, and soon enough, married.

But as long as she is happy, I am. She deserves this like every girl, she deserves her dream coming true. She had two guys before this guy, and they promised to come and talk to her parents and arrange everything but they were a bunch of liars.

"Dude, what happens to you all of a sudden?" Zaidan waves his arm in front of my face. Annoying.

Then suddenly, I hear him whistle and say, "When I was young, I used to love intelligent people. As I grew up, I fell in love with people dressed in red!"

Of course, he was checking some girls out. The girl he has just flirted with speeded up, rushing away. I bet he scared her!

I chuckled as disappointment took over his face. That's what he gets when he asked every single girl in this town out.

"Come on, let's go pray for your sister." I nodded at the mosque, patting his shoulder gently.

"Yeah." He pulled out his sunglasses, dramatically putting them on. Sometimes I wonder how a guy like that is my brother.

As I finished praying, I sat down just thinking of how things will change in her life. But when I looked up, my eyes widened as I spotted someone. She was that girl. She looked so different in the sari, she looked really beautiful. It is just her attitude she must change.

What hurted me, shockingly, was seeing her cry and trying to hide it. Why would be crying this much? Such a beauti- what am I thinking?

I shake my head quickly, getting rid of whatever I had in mind. Standing up, I quickly grabbed Zaidan and we left.

Bella's POV

It's 11:00 PM and I am still out in town. I think the men who were chasing me gave up on finding me, and I'm so glad. George called and told me to wait in some particular park, and here I am!

I sat down on some bench, staring at people around me. There were some old couples, chatting about some funny stuff. When I looked to my right, I saw a young couple. The girl was sitting on some swing and the guy was swinging her. Her laughter was filling the air and his eyes couldn't stop shining from happiness. I can't wait for a moment like this. I sigh sadly, and just resumed playing 'Candy Crush'.

.......................................

"What am I going to tell her?" I asked George. He was driving slowly so we could discuss everything.

"Just tell her that you felt it's not right. Tell her the truth!" He smiled kindly. I just wish it was as simple as he made it be.

"But you know her very well, George." I sighed.

"Just go with the flow."

"Okay."

......................................

I was shaking nervously, my tears are uncontrollably falling out of my eyes. This whole situation is getting me weaker with each second passing, and I don't like this. George came up to me, giving me a comforting and assuring hug. He slowly pulls away, opening the door and pulling me in.

I kept my eyes on the floor, never daring to look at my sister even though I know she is looking at neither of us. I don't blame her. I just humiliated her with what I did in front of everyone. I never wanted it to be-

George nudges me, signaling that I should say or do something. I nod, and just walk over to where Martina is sitting.

"I'm sorry." I mumble, but she doesn't budge.

"Please, I didn't want it to be this bad. I swear." I cried, and placed my hand on her knee. But she only brings her hand, grabbing mine and pushing it away from her knee. Then she turned away, giving me her back.

This is going to take so long.

A/N:
HEYYYY! I'M SORRY FOR BEING A BISH AND TAKING SO LONG!! I HAD MANY EXAMS AND TESTS AND NOW I HAVE A BREAK FOR TWO WEEKS ONLY! I'LL TRY MY BEST TO WRITE MORE DURING THOSE TWO WEEKS AND I'LL TRY TO UPDATE MORE OFTEN.

MORE IS COMING ;) SO KEEP UP! LEMME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK I LOVE Y'ALL AND LOVE TO KNOW UAR OPINIONS !!

VOTE & COMMENT :)xx

-Dana

Number of words: 1075

♥♥♥♥♥