Chapter 18: Mystery Girl

Kelly's pov

Why does this man want me dead? and why wait so long, all I did was raise his son at

the request of my best friend.

The last thing she asked of me was to take care of her baby.

Is money really worth taking his only sons life I wonder to myself, last I knew he was living on drug money, did something happen that he all of a sudden needs money?

Alex comes in "hey Kelly how are you holding up?" he ask me dragging me out of my thoughts, I look up at this amazing 16 year old boy his blue eyes filled with such love and care and I wonder how anyone could want to hurt such a gentle and loving boy. I think to myself before Alex calls out my name again, "Kelly, are you okay?"

"yes, Alex I am fine I was just thinking to myself. Are you okay Hun?"

I respond back to him.

Alex looks back at me and responds with the shake of his head, I can't help but wonder what is going though his head.

*****Two Hours later*****

Alex POV

"Kelly, Me and Zander are going out to explore. Would you like me to bring anything back for you to eat ?"

"Ah be careful you two, i would love it if you could bring back something for lunch if you do not mind."

Kelly answers back

"Yes I can Kelly not a problem, I will be safe I have Zander with me he will keep me safe." I respond back as I pick up my phone that was charging on the stand next to the door.

Picking up my phone I realize that I had an unread text, the text was from Alice of course.

"hey!!, I left with Damien before you got up to explore, I am sure you and Zander will be doing some exploring of your own. So why don't you guys meet us at 4:00 for an early dinner and bring Kelly so she can be part of it. Be safe text me to let me know if you want to meet up. ~Alice

"That sounds good, we will meet up then I am glad that Damien's mom is going to be home with Kelly, yes the cops are watching out but I still want her to be able to have someone to talk to." ~ Alex

I respond to her just as Zander reaches for my hand and leads me out, I Yell to Kelly "we will be back to pick you up soon I love you."

"I love you too Alex be safe and I will see you soon take care of him Zander."

Kelly yelled back.

Zander held my hand as we walked around LA taking in all the beautifulness of the city. We stopped in a small coffee shop where there was only 2 other people plus us, The teen managing the counter and a teen girl in one of the booths she looked as if she had been crying, her long brown hair looked a mess and from the way she was sitting slouched down and she was shaking. From the look of her I knew that something bad had happen, something that she had no control over.

I turn to Zander who was looking at the girl as well.

"Zander can you order me a coffee? you know how I like my coffee"

it took him a minute before he answered me.

"Yes I can, you going to see if that girl is alright ?"

he responded

I nod and head off in the direction of the booth the girl was sitting in, which happen to be towards the back to the far right where she would go unseen by anyone who wouldn't be looking when they came in. The only reason I believe I saw her is because of this thing with my dad, I have learned to watch my back and make note of my surroundings.