Chapter 13: Remember what?

* In the Waiting room in the room*

Zanders Pove

Alex is sleep with his head on my lap he's been in total shock since it all happen, we been here for almost 4 hours and still we have not been told anything about Kelly.

I hope she will be okay she's always been nice to me and has taken such good care of Alex and without her god knows where Alex would be. What I did next surprised me I got up and put my jacket on the chair to make a pillow for Alex then I got on my knees and bowed my head and started to pray for Kelly "god I know I don't really ever pray or really seem to believe in you but I really hope you can prove me wrong if you are real then please help Kelly though this help her to make it Alex needs her and I do too she's been a mother figure to me this world needs more people like her please let her pull through I ask this in your son's name amen" I never believed in god still not sure I do but I had to try something anything to assure Kelly would be okay. "Zander what are you doing" a sleepy Alex ask wiping his eyes I stand up and sit next to him pulling him close "nothing buddy was just praying and hoping that if there is a god he heard me" I answered him Alex cuddled closer to me and pulled my jacket tight around him "thanks for doing that I know how you don't believe in god but you tried for me it means so much" with that said he fell back asleep.

* An Hour Later*

I must have fallen asleep with Alex because when I awoke, I woke up to Alice's concerned face as if she had been trying to wake me forever.

"have they told you anything about Kelly like how is she?" she ask me I fix myself sitting up trying not to wake Alex " no they haven't told us anything we have been here since late last night, its making Alex stress out this is the longest he's slept since being here he was up like every 20 minutes." I replied to her. Alice's face drops and you can tell she's upset with some disappointment in her eyes she took a seat next to me. We sat there quite, after what seemed to be another hour the doctor approached us Alice jumped up I couldn't though I wanted to but I had a sleeping Alex in my lap. " Kelly had to go through a lot to make sure we clean her up well took care of all her wounds and she will need a lot of time to recover but.. Kelly will be okay. Do you guys have any idea who would want to do this to her? It seems personal like the person didn't just want her dead they wanted her to feel all the pain"

The doctor explained to us, me and Alice start thinking to see if we can think of anyone just then Alex wake up I guess he heard the convo going on he looked at me then the doctor "My Dad he had to have done it.. He has to hate Kelly she took me when my mom died." Alex said and we looked at him and nodded to the doctor. "I'll let the cops know so they know who to look for" the doctor said as he walked away.

Alex's pove

It was my mom; she came to me in my dreams again and told me that it was my dad. Don't get me wrong I love seeing my mom in my dreams and even hearing her voice it clams me and all but.... Wouldn't that mean she hasn't moved on and isn't resting in pace? Why was she still around? Is she trying to help me put my dad behind bars or is there something far worse coming? That she is trying to make sure I'm ready for?

I think to myself then I feel a cold shiver down my spine as if my mom was answering my questions, I got a feeling something far worse is coming. Zander must have felt me shiver and pulled me closer I snuggled closer to him and allowed myself to relax drifting off to sleep in this dream I was back in my childhood house I was about 2 and a half and mom was holding me crying telling me things would get better that it was her fault that daddy beat her but she would never let him touch me, then I was in another part of my childhood mom had took me out to have swim lessons I was almost 3 I remember cause it was the day before my birthday. That day we had so much fun one of the times my mom had a smile on her face the next day was my 3rd birthday and I was helping mom set up and dad must have had too much to drink and I was giggling and running to help mom set up the streamers when bam I was knocked down the wind knocked out of me struggling to catch my breath I saw my dad and he had looked at me shaking his head then he said it and I couldn't believe it " You were a mistake Alex you weren't meant to be here " I should have cause for as long as I can remember my dad had never held me comforted me or even told me he loved me so in a way I knew he never cared about me but it still hurt to hear what he thought of me. My mom rushed to my side and pushed my dad away from me to make sure I was okay he beat her for it needless to say my party was canceled but that night my mom woke me up and told me she knows now it was never her fault that she was getting me out of here if it was the last thing she did, turns out it was the last thing she did. I didn't understand why my mom felt the need to walk me through my past in my dream but I followed and watched at the end right before the crash she stopped walking me through it and then we were back in the very same spot that she always was when I saw her I never picked up what it meant, I always thought it was just the afterlife the place she saw but then she said something and I knew this place had to have meant something to the two of us.

She was fading away saying "Don't forget never forget"

I feel Zander holding me and he kisses my lips I wake up looking at him "baby you okay?"

He ask me I'm still thinking about my dream and what my mom said to me remember what, what does she want me to remember remembering that Zander asked if I was okay I looked up at him and kiss him softly "yes baby I am okay, just had another dream where my mom came to me and she wanted me to remember something but I don't know what and I don't think it has to do with my dad." I say looking confused. Zander rubbed my back holding me just then the doctor walked over to us. "Kelly is up but only two at a time we don't want to over stress her" the doctor said.

Alice looked over at me in Zanders lap holing on tightly fighting back tears "Zander why don't you take Alex back to see Kelly I can wait and if I know Kelly she will understand and know why I'm doing this" Alice said which by the look on Zanders face it didn't just shock me but him as well, I climbed out of Zander's lap and walked over to Alice and hugged her " thanks Alice" I say she hugs me back and smiles " tell Kelly I love her" Alice says "I will " I answer going back by Zanders side taking his hand while we follow the doctor to Kelly's room.

When we get to Kelly's room she moves herself trying to look to see who we where she then let out a moan of pain "Don't move Kelly we will come to you" I say and walk to her bed side Zander sits in the only chair near her bed, taking Kelly's hand I ask her how she's doing she winces in pain but gets the words out "I'm doing okay could be better, but happy to be alive they say it will take me time to recover and I would have to take it easy but that I am very lucky. I don't think I am I just had the will power to live. It may sound crazy but your mom she came to me she told me to hold on that it wasn't my time to go." Kelly tells me I sit in Zander's lap " no Kelly it doesn't sound crazy at all mom has been coming to me too, I think she can't move on yet not till she feels she saved us from the worst that is yet to come" I go on explain my dream to Kelly and my past dreams and she listens and we talk more. Zander even gets pulled into a convo with Kelly I could tell she liked him and was thankful that he was here for me and even more so happy that I wasn't home when all this went down, if it was my dad she knows he would have done one of two things to me take me with him or kill me and neither was good.